So whats the best altimeter on the market?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyropetepete

Reaction score
I'm now in that position of needing one. It needs to offer dual deployment.

Suggestions people...?

The two that I use are the RRC3 and Adept22.

The Adept 22 is a great entry level unit, just know that it is no longer available in the "new" market. Many of what I think were awesome entry level altimeters have been replaced with units with much more advanced features, not so great for the new guys in my opinion. If you could get your hands on a Perfectflite HiAlt 45K or MAWD you'd have it made, I've always found those two to be the most reliable and easy to use. Unfortunately they're not readily available either, you have to keep an eye on the used market for them.

I'm now in that position of needing one. It needs to offer dual deployment.

Suggestions people...?

Pete, it appears you and I are at about the same stage in our rocketry. I went through the same comparison and decision process a few weeks ago and bought the Missile Works RRC2. I have the Perfectflite Stratologger SL-100 in the cart now and will purchase it later today. The Featherweight Sparrow EZ sounds great, but I don't know when it will actually be produced and available.

I wanted an altimeter that would fire a drogue, main, and report peak altitude. I didn't want anything that would need a computer interface, for a couple of reasons. The RRC2 and Stratologger both met the criteria, but the Stratologger has, well, logging features I don't intend to use. The RRC2 is less expensive and does everything I need it to do. I still want the Stratologger because I want to fly them side-by-side and compare values, and the Stratologgers "preset 1" is the same as the RRC2 default settings of Apogee and 300ft.

Now how do we smuggle one to you in that Draconian tax structure in which you live?

Last edited:
Pete, it appears you and I are at about the same stage in our rocketry. I went through the same comparison and decision process a few weeks ago and bought the Missile Works RRC2. I have the Perfectflite Stratologger SL-100 in the cart now and will purchase it later today. The Featherweight Sparrow EZ sounds great, but I don't know when it will actually be produced and available.

I wanted an altimeter that would fire a drogue, main, and report peak altitude. I didn't want anything that would need a computer interface, for a couple of reasons. The RRC2 and Stratologger both met the criteria, but the Stratologger has, well, logging features I don't intend to use. The RRC2 is less expensive and does everything I need it to do. I still want the Stratologger because I want to fly them side-by-side and compare values, and the Stratologgers "preset 1" is the same as the RRC2 default settings of Apogee and 300ft.

Now how do we smuggle one to you in that Draconian tax structure in which you live?

Bah it's not that bad here. Follow the rules and it's okay. Have to take the risk. Shipping is key.

Having friends states side that send it as a gift and under $20 but tracked usually gets it here with no charges. Send no invoice with it. Fact were all electronic now are we not.

The more I look am tempted with the Stratologger and it's bits and bobs. Just need the switches and some lipos.

Just had my birthday so looking to treat my self.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

...what's the best car on the market?

Of course, you can't answer that, it depends of what performance and features you want. It's the same kind of question with altimeters.

All the best, James

I have been using a Strattologger for over two years now and love it. It is flyable right out of the box, nothing else to do unless you want to. Bomb proof. I will be buying another one for my next dual deploy rocket for sure.

I have been using a Strattologger for over two years now and love it. It is flyable right out of the box, nothing else to do unless you want to. Bomb proof. I will be buying another one for my next dual deploy rocket for sure.

Thanks dude. Now the cheapest place that ships to the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

So just placed my order

• 1 x Mounting hardware
  • 1 x USB data transfer kit
  • 1 x StratoLogger Altimeter
  • 1 x Amplified External Beeper

$135.67 shipped to the UK which is good as that's £83.58 GBP. UK shop has the item onsale for £75 let alone the other bits.

Happy days

Now to find switch, battery, wiring harness

Telemetrum, this thing combine with AltosDroid is the thing to have.

I'm a raven on a perch fan... easy to move from rocket to rocket and just so small and full of power.

Telemetrum, this thing combine with AltosDroid is the thing to have.

I haven't bought one yet, but yeah. The functionality and inexpense for what you get: I am really excited to get one.

Latest posts

Back