Krylon Looking Glass Paint

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I haven't. looks interesting. This is for making/repairing a mirror I presume?

David

ive seen that paint at Walmart but the $ has put me off from buying it but still would like to see if anybodys used it

PLEASE somebody test this, and PLEASE tell us that - unlike EVERY silver/chrome/mirror/etc. paint out there - that it isn't completely useless crap.

please.

s6

[YOUTUBE]knSSUEdLcvg[/YOUTUBE]

Later! OL JR :)

PS... new stuff to me... haven't tried it yet...

It's made to spray on the reverse side of glass. Have not tried it yet but I'll run a test this week with clear over it---we'll see what happens

IMG_0720.jpgIMG_0722.jpg

I just used it on the inside of a hemisherical plastic pantie hose container that will be part of an oddroc I'm building. It think it worked pretty good, but not quite "chrome". See attached pic/s.

View attachment 161105View attachment 161106

I just used it on the inside of a hemisherical plastic pantie hose container that will be part of an oddroc I'm building. It think it worked pretty good, but not quite "chrome". See attached pic/s.

I guess the trick is to mimic the clear glass. Ya know, this clear epoxy I've been using for shells just might be the ticket--- hmmm. Seems the best bet is to cover it with something that won't make a chemical bond or at least not rewet the paint

Back