Wildman Darkstar Junior Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the first coat of primer on this evening, and apart from some flaws on the fillets that will be bondo'ed away, it is just a bit of sanding away from color. Pictures tomorrow!

Well, the definition of "tomorrow" certainly shifts as academic stress sets in. However, here are the pictures that I promised!
IMG_0439.jpgIMG_0445.jpgIMG_0446.jpg
Next time I work on the rocket, I will be assembling the AV bay. It is nearly ready for flight. I am thinking that an H268R (100% H) will give it a nice ride!

Eggplant, see if you can borrow a Loki Research case and fly an H100 in there. That would be even cooler. :p

BTW, what is your name?

Nice finish, Egg.

Now you've got me thinking about getting one of these as a warm up for the BlackStar 3" sitting by my workbench.

Eggplant, see if you can borrow a Loki Research case and fly an H100 in there. That would be even cooler. :p

Sadly, No sparkies at our field in Maine when the snow is gone. However, I am always happy to "donate" a Loki H-144 to Mr. Egg should he want one.

That rocket looks FANTASTIC! I can't wait to see it next time we both at at the field.

Thanks everyone! This has been a really fun build, and it should be a great flyer as well. Between this rocket and another, I have two AV bays to assemble. Dual deployment is in my future! Hopefully I can get the bay finished up by the 30th of May, because this rocket needs to get in the air as soon as possible!

Thanks everyone! This has been a really fun build, and it should be a great flyer as well. Between this rocket and another, I have two AV bays to assemble. Dual deployment is in my future! Hopefully I can get the bay finished up by the 30th of May, because this rocket needs to get in the air as soon as possible!
You should be able to make it happen in almost a whole month, start soon. What ever you do, don't rush! This is when bad things happen, trust me.

You should be able to make it happen in almost a whole month, start soon. What ever you do, don't rush! This is when bad things happen, trust me.
Definitely. I finished my avionics bay the night before the first flight... :)

Back