Anyone here weld?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a steamfitter/ pipe welder. I have welded with a lot of different welding machines. If you want the best all around Tig/stick machine it is the Miller Dynasty 200 DX. It can weld all sorts of metals to include aluminum. I used it to weld an aluminum fin can. For mig/fcaw I would go with Lincoln. Lincoln makes the best generator/welders too. Right now at work i am using the Miller ST 150. It is a nice, very small machine for stick and carbon steel tig.

I am a steamfitter/ pipe welder. I have welded with a lot of different welding machines. If you want the best all around Tig/stick machine it is the Miller Dynasty 200 DX. It can weld all sorts of metals to include aluminum. I used it to weld an aluminum fin can. For mig/fcaw I would go with Lincoln. Lincoln makes the best generator/welders too. Right now at work i am using the Miller ST 150. It is a nice, very small machine for stick and carbon steel tig.

My grandfather was a steamfitter. The last building he put up was the Boise Cascade building here in Boise, he was the construction superintendant...it covers a whole city block :)

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.619...!1e1!3m2!1sMpb-3zkID6GjJlHxlG36Sg!2e0!6m1!1e1

Last edited:
My grandfather was a steamfitter. The last building he put up was the Boise Cascade building here in Boise, he was the construction superintendant...it covers a whole city block :)

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.619...!1e1!3m2!1sMpb-3zkID6GjJlHxlG36Sg!2e0!6m1!1e1

That is awesome. i am building the Apple 2 campus in Cupertino. It is a circular building with a mile circumferance and has 2.8 million square feet and underground parking for 2400 cars. let's just say that it is huge.

That is awesome. i am building the Apple 2 campus in Cupertino. It is a circular building with a mile circumferance and has 2.8 million square feet and underground parking for 2400 cars. let's just say that it is huge.

So...they going to use bicycles or something to get around the building? Micron is so spread out they use Segway's and Workman bikes or they'd spend most of the day walking from one building to another wasting their time and Micron's money ;)

So...they going to use bicycles or something to get around the building? Micron is so spread out they use Segway's and Workman bikes or they'd spend most of the day walking from one building to another wasting their time and Micron's money ;)

I can't speak for Apple. Google likes to use bicycles to get around their campus. We use a tram system like Disneyland to get around the jobsite.

Back