MinFluous Raven Anomaly?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darisd

Reaction score
Anyone know anything more about the MinFluous early deployment at Balls 22? All I see is a quick blurb on the youtube video.

MinFluous Launch Balls 22

Adrian is probably interested in seeing the FIP file.

Yep that's my guy James Donald from AZ I was with him when the raven decided to fire the main charge in the sustainer while the booster motor was still burning. The information has already been sent over to adrian. It's a bummer too as theat flight was suppose to go 60k ft.

James and I are working through the possibilities. There was a lack of recorded data right before the event, which makes finding the root cause difficult.

There was a lack of recorded data right before the event, which makes finding the root cause difficult.

Try doing it from space...

When you say lack of recorded data, does that imply that it started recording data again? That is really odd. Did you get a picture of the board to see if there was any obvious damage to the board?

Try doing it from space...

Been there, done that (on console for MPL, MCO, among others)

When you say lack of recorded data, does that imply that it started recording data again? That is really odd. Did you get a picture of the board to see if there was any obvious damage to the board?

Yes.

I have offered a refund or exchange to get the board back to check it out. The symptoms of this flight are unique out of all of the dozens (maybe hundreds) of flight data I've seen from the 2000+ units that have been sold over the last few years. I'd really love to find out what exactly happened.

Back