My Patriot!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna do it anyways because I can, with a fiberglassed airframe and fin with cable cutter based dual deploy (streamer for visibility and parachute at 700 feet). The nose cone and top section (yellow from estes) will be my AvBay. May be overkill but our field has no trees in the common directions the wind blows, just a corn field almost a mile away. I've simmed it with AT 29mm loads (up to H250) and that puts it about 5200 ft (according to the sims, reality of course will be different) and a stability of 1.74 cal. Of course it will be flown with Ds, Es, and Fs first.

That's the Spirit!!!
Whenever someone here tells me to not do something, it only makes me want to do it even more.
As long as it is safe, GO FOR IT!!!

That's the Spirit!!!
Whenever someone here tells me to not do something, it only makes me want to do it even more.
As long as it is safe, GO FOR IT!!!

When I do it I will do a build thread for sure, hopefully next month... gonna order my US composites 635 epoxy this weekend, along with my L1/L2 rocket parts, so I can have concurrent builds going.

When I do it I will do a build thread for sure, hopefully next month... gonna order my US composites 635 epoxy this weekend, along with my L1/L2 rocket parts, so I can have concurrent builds going.

Most decent! Looking forward to seeing it.
I just got more BT-60 Tubes from BMS yesterday. I'm going to do another 24mm, but this time from scratch. I enjoyed gutting the ol' 18mm Bird, but it will be nice to start with an unused set of pieces. I have everything I need but the Centering Rings, and I ordered those yesterday from BMS. I could make them myself, but I have too much going on right now to take the time to do so.
I could cut them

She flew today on a C11-3.

[video=youtube;Rm5Z3X47B_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm5Z3X47B_M[/video]

Over the years, I have flown stock Patriots on 18mm reloadables. Both the D13 and the D24. Many, many great flights. They sure scoot. I have several 18mm cases, and I load up a whole pack (3) at one time. A real easy way to get extra flights in out at a launch. Way fun!

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421783173.089286.jpg
1/4 scale Madcow Patriot with 38mm MMT, done in Spacetoaster theme.
One of my all time favorite kit.

Back