Madcow Carbon Fiber Tomach XL Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxvelocity

Reaction score
This past weekend at our monthly TCC launch I picked up a CF Tomach from Jack at What's Up Hobbies. The kit is pretty nice overall, the cuts leave something to be desired but nothing a little sanding won't fix and I will likely cut it down some so those cuts will be cut off anyways. I never build anything stock everything always gets cut way short to up the performance but that also means it is hard to pack for flight. So I am leaning towards building this thing mostly stock with the exception of a little cutting so that it can just be a fun flyer rather than having to work to get everything to fit. The tubes are very long and since the longest motor I see myself ever flying is the CTI 6XL that's about all I will need room for. I will ditch the nylon cord and go with some smaller kevlar. I will leave the fins alone with the exception of putting more of a bevel on them since there is still quite a bit of a flat edge there. The rocket will be built with Rocketpoxy so I will find out how tough the stuff is. Here a couple pictures of the kit, the casing shown is the CTI 6XL.

12-ED2CF956-489050-960.jpgIMAG0188.jpg

That doesn't look like a Pro-98 6GXL case; what size is this rocket? The black Tomach XL's I saw at Jack's trailer two weeks ago were all 98mm MD. Is this something new?

That doesn't look like a Pro-98 6GXL case; what size is this rocket? The black Tomach XL's I saw at Jack's trailer two weeks ago were all 98mm MD. Is this something new?

54mm. There are two version out the 54 and 98.

Changed my mind on the project and sold it. I think the guy that bought it started a thread.

I have been looking at this kit as a possibility for a future build. Although I am late to the game here (last post 2 1/2 years ago!).. If you don't mind, what was your reason for deciding not to build it?

Back