(Another) Comanche 3 Upscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnCoker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Since the poll showed that quite a few people like complete-before-posting build threads, I thought I would post a link to my Comanche 3 page. Construction is complete and I will be flying it at the Aeronaut launch this coming weekend.

John . what is your motor choice for this very ,very beautiful rocket . I am happy you decided to come back to the hobby , you are a incredible craftsman . Any idea if you are gonna finish off your WAC ?

Eric

Love the rocket. I have thought that I might upscale the Estes Express sometime. I would be interested in how you controlled the deployment in the boosters. I would guess that the ignition is controlled by Pyro 1. Is the chute deployed by pyro 2?

I would guess that the ignition is controlled by Pyro 1. Is the chute deployed by pyro 2?

Booster 1

G-Wiz LCX:
  • pyro 0: unused
  • pyro 1: apogee deployment
  • pyro 2: unused

Booster 2

G-Wiz LCX:
  • pyro 0: cluster mode + 1s delay
  • pyro 1: apogee deployment

Sustainer

G-Wiz LCX (aft):
  • pyro 0: cluster mode + 3s delay
  • pyro 1: unused

G-Wiz HCX (main bay):
  • pyro 1: unused
  • pyro 2: aft-facing CD3
  • pyro 3: forward-facing CD3
  • pyro 4: unused

G-Wiz LCX (main bay):
  • pyro 0: unused
  • pyro 1: aft-facing CD3
  • pyro 2: forward-facing CD3

A hobby rocket that actually needs a checklist!

That is one sweet looking rocket, the fins are very nice, I may have missed it but what material is the fin besides the carbon fiber?

John, when i first got into this hobby eight years ago.....your website was one of the first i ran across.
I have never ceased.....to be amazed by the level of you builds and, techniques.

This is AWESOME!

I hope it flies as well as it looks......:D

I am quite speechless in the face of John's workmanship and technical skill.

Ari.

IMG_4450.JPG

IMG_4451.JPG

IMG_4572.JPG

IMG_4607.JPG

IMG_4653.JPG

IMG_4654.JPG

IMG_4655.JPG

IMG_4668.JPG

IMG_4675.JPG

Back