Its ALIVE!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Yuppers,the Asparagus is coming up.
The coin in the pics is a quarter and that fresh shoot(s) coming up is a mid size.I took the pic of the older dried stocks from last years I let grow to plant (Fern) just to show how FAT the shoots got.
I picked my first bunch today and had it for supper time. 3/8-5/8 dia shoots
Grilled with Olive oil and montrea steak seasoning mix spice shaker stuff.
OHHHHHHH...MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
These came from my younger plants. Those and the smaller (shoots) are first. A few of the mid size have busted thru,
and the monsters (oldest and fattest)are still sleeping.
Anywhoo- the bed has 4 rows, and the rows are 45 feet long.
2 rows planted 4 years ago with 2 year old crowns and two rows planted 2 years ago.
Arpox 90 sets of crowns.
And of course they spread and fill in between the sets as space and time roll on.
The other pics are just ones of another garden and a panaramagama picture of some of my back yard.
And not the best time/light for taking pics.

asparagus 001.jpg

asparagus 006.jpg

asparagus 005.jpg

asparagus 012.jpg

asparagus 014.jpg

Last edited:
man that stuff looks good , I can't get past looking at the tractor /loader back there that a Cub Cadet ?

man that stuff looks good , I can't get past looking at the tractor /loader back there that a Cub Cadet ?
Oh,belieeeeeeeve me you, IT IS GOOD!
Yes,a Cub Cadet 7530 bought 6 years ago new. I just paid it off. Its mine now.Its been a good machine for me.
Picked up the Khun 5' tiller couple years back.Boy that thing makes life easy!!!
I also have a 5' brush hog, combo york rake /grader blade and last year I got the 5' finish mower at auction for a song and dance.
The walk behing is a BCS. There is no better walk behind tractor made than a BCS.Nothing comes close...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes my pee smell funny. Seriously. Well, according to WebMD it makes everyone's pee smell odd, but only about 25% of people can actually detect the odor. I am telling you the first few times I smelled it I thought my kidneys were shutting down or something. Not the most pleasant smell, but I do like asparagus.

I can remember as a kid visiting relatives in Washington state when wild asparagus grew as ditch-weed along all the back country roads.
By the early ‘70s, Agribusiness had pretty much cleaned it all out.

Back