Elastic Colors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba02STi

Reaction score
I was at hobby lobby the other day picking up some balsa elastic and a few other needed supplies along with some motors and saw some black elastic... and naturally i decided to get it to do something other then white... and it got me thinking... does anyone else use the non standard white elastic... do you guys have any other colors then just black that you use...

Just curious.

Got a whole roll of black elastic on sale long ago. That's all I use.

I thought about black, but with white you can see when it is burned and may fail. Are you guys able to see any burned spots on the black?

Anyone have any intrest in some 2" wide elastic? I have a few rolls of it that I will almost give away.
Gary

Ok, I have honestly, never, ever, thought about the color of my shock cord. What am I missing ?

Last edited:
I thought about black, but with white you can see when it is burned and may fail. Are you guys able to see any burned spots on the black?

It isn't really a problem. It turns sort of grey and then white-ish when it's burnt. I was looking for something a bit wider than what is standard in most kits, just so I could upgrade kits as I built them, plus add a little length to avoid 'Estes dent.' When I found a nice roll on sale (a closeout actually) that was black, the color didn't matter to me.

I only have it in one rocket right now... but im sure you will be able to see any problems upon inspection...

Ok, I have honestly, never, ever, thought about the color of my shock cord. What am I missing ?

nothing... it was a "**** yeah" moment that i had and decided i would do it...

I bought a bunch of red 1" elastic at a Mill End Fabric shop. Much thicker than the normal size. Don't know what it was intended for but I've used it for years before the Kevlar movement started.

Back