Three Kings scam is back!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrox

Reaction score
I am so glad he chose me!

"Cpt. Greg Hooper" <[email protected]>

Hello,

I am Cpt. Greg Hooper an officer of the U.S Army presently serving with the 395th CSSB peace keeping forces in Afghanistan. You may not know me but i really need your help as we have some very important packages to ship to you for safekeeping until we return back home to the USA.

I will explain in details only if you meet my conditions. Thanks for your prayers & support as we hope to return in one piece!!

Cpt. Greg Hooper.

From Wikipedia:

Three Kings is a 1999 satirical war film written and directed by David O. Russell from a story by John Ridley about a gold heist that takes place during the 1991 Iraqi uprising against Saddam Hussein following the end of the first Gulf War. The film stars George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg, Ice Cube, and Spike Jonze.

Three_kings.jpg

Are you going to "Gold" plate any of your rockets once you give him your bank account number?

Sure would look cool, as it disapears into thin air...

Mike

This is very common. Look at the IP address. This is likely a Nigerian posing as a US Soldier. If it is a .mil address, then it might be legit.

Dear Shrox,
I will make this easy for you. No silly mystery emails.
Just forward all of your disposable income to this paypal address:
[email protected]

I will annoy you no more. :wink:

If you have an interesting set of moral standards and are very creative, there is some fun to be had with internet scammers like this. It's a hobby known as "scam-baiting."

https://www.419eater.com/

Me personally, I don't have that kind of time or patience much less the creativity and propensity for lying that it takes to make scam-baiting effective. But, the forums are entertaining if nothing else - I've spent a lot of time on them laughing my arse off. Be sure to hit up the FAQ and there is a glossary in there somewhere. If you take up scam baiting the security tips they give there are extraordinarily important - take them seriously.

-Dave

Latest posts

Back