Opening up my own business (non rocketry related)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba02STi

Reaction score
So after loosing my job to that @#%$ head i was working for I have decided I am going to open up my own business. The business is going to be an automotive repair and performance shop. Specializing in rally cars but also making repairs on that 70 year old woman's 97 cavalier down the street that only gets groceries once a week. I have everything ready to go but have ran into one single problem. I CANT THINK OF A NAME FOR THE BUSINESS THAT ISN'T ALREADY TAKEN! WTH! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

So... Any ideas?

Last edited:
Nothing comes to mind at the moment. Wish I could be of more help. But best of luck with your endeavor! I would recommend the book The Cult Of The Customer by Shep Hyken for some great stuff on customer satisfaction. :)

Nothing comes to mind at the moment. Wish I could be of more help. But best of luck with your endeavor! I would recommend the book The Cult Of The Customer by Shep Hyken for some great stuff on customer satisfaction. :)

Thats ok and thank you... ill go ahead and check that book out... think barns and noble would have it??

Street and Rally Wrenches
Roll Bars and Wrenches
Rally and Street Performance
Your Pit Crew
Mountain High Automotive
Mile High Performance
Cloud Racing and Street Performance
Colorado Custom Cornering
Peak Performance Automotive Services
Checkered Flag Automotive
...the list goes on....

I lived in Aurora for a bit and used to go up the Academy before there was anything there. I may still have a buddy there named Phil Oates. His Dad built a hunting lodge up there. We camped in the foothills (Genesee?) and used to go to Yurek's (sp?)Trout Farm to pan for gold- I got an ounce out one summer back in the early sixties. He actually built the 3/4 scale Steam Engine in Disneyland for Walt and then built his own 1/2 scale of that on the property and laid track for about 2 miles. I got to see his workshop and the original B/P's for Disney. I still have a painting by a Mr. McNutt that he let paint and sell in his parking lot. My parents let me pick it out. He and his wife got by with his contract with the Colorado Fish and Game to raise trout to release back into the river that ran beside his property. It was idyllic, fishing, panning for gold, a train ride, and if his wife was up to it-she's break out an old cotton candy machine. Launched my very first rocket there too! Good Times. Best of luck my friend.

(oh yeah-forgot to mention I raced class 'F' , 'G' and C Production sedan in SCCA when dinosaurs roamed the earth and ran the Don Diego Invitational Rally three years in a row later on)

Last edited:
Old Grumpys' Performance and Automotive

Best of luck on your new business.

The Rally Great Auto Shop

The Pit Crew

On the Road Again Auto Service

I kind of like "On the Road Again Auto Service". Easy to remember. And that's what your customers want.

Last edited:
Corners n Carbs
Springs n Things
One Stop
Finish Line
White Flag
Checkered Flag
Last Lap

Launch Automotive, Blast-Off Auto, SRB Performance...ummm...
Anyway, put some rockets in your lobby/waiting area along with the typical racing stuff. Never know what it might do for business & your social network.

Terry

Well, there's always "[Your Street] Performance Auto" or "[Cardinal Direction] [Town] {Performance or Rally} [optional:Auto or Automotive] [optional: Service]"

Or simply "[Your Last Name] Automotive" with the tag line "High Performance and Routine Repair"

(or "Specializing in Automotive Repairs for High Worth Individuals" :) )

Well, there's always "[Your Street] Performance Auto" or "[Cardinal Direction] [Town] {Performance or Rally} [optional:Auto or Automotive] [optional: Service]"

Or simply "[Your Last Name] Automotive" with the tag line "High Performance and Routine Repair"

(or "Specializing in Automotive Repairs for High Worth Individuals" :) )

Your Name Automotive Repair has the added benefit of not needing a DBA from the state, a tax you wouldn't have to pay.

Cute names are... well, cute. But how many times have you seen the really cute name of a business and asked yourself what do they sell? I would keep it obvious so that you attract customers as quickly as possible. If you make people think about what you have to offer then you will certainly lose some customers as we all know there are people out there that don't think none too good. :wink:

The business is going to be an automotive repair and performance shop. (snip)I CANT THINK OF A NAME FOR THE BUSINESS THAT ISN'T ALREADY TAKEN! WTH! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I don't necessarily have a name to offer, but let me suggest you consider some additional criteria along with the name. You will ultimately want a business web site, so whatever name is chosen should lend itself to being part of a URL. The URL needs to be easy to remember and should have simple (or no) punctuation that can make it difficult for customers to get correct.

www.bubbasperformanceautorepair.com is kinda messy, but www.bubbacar.com might work OK.

If folks can remember the URL, later, when they need to contact you, they can easily go to your website to find the phone #, street address and map, etc.

In short, you want a name that's easy to remember and lends itself to being part of a URL.

Doug

Thanks for all the great ideas guys... I think I have a name figured out... once i get it squared away ill annouce it

Back