Interceptor G Repair

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agfunk

Reaction score
I have had an NCR Interceptor G sitting in a box for a couple of years after a dramatic plunge after liftoff and subsequent conversion into a large lawn dart. The nose cone survived, but the first 8 inches of the body tube did not. (FYI I converted the motor mount to a 29mm) The reason for the lawn dart? I fiberglassed the body tube but forgot to take the weight into account, and made the whole rocket back heavy.

I need about 8-10 inches of 2.5" inch body tube. Using a LOC 2.56" body tube would be acceptable..had also thought about a PML 2.5" coupler (I believe they can be bought in 36" lengths) Any thoughts?

Does anyone have scans of the decal sheets? Going to need at least the long "Interceptor G" decal for both sides, as well as the cargo hatch(s) between those and the nose cone.

So that the repaired model doesn't lawn dart again, I need to add some weight to the nose. Any recommendations as to how much?
Any help is VERY appreciated! --Andy

Here is a pic after I removed the damaged section:

photo.JPG

I bet if you asked Mark at Stickershock he either has it or can make it....if he needs a example I haven't put the decals on mine yet.

rick

Back