Estes, heck yeah!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPVegh

Reaction score
I was testing a contest rocket last week when I experienced a motor cato. I submitted a MESS report with the NAR and informed Estes via their contact us page. Christine got back to me right away wanting the specifics of the type of rocket and the date code on the motor. Long story short I recieved a new pack of motors and a nice Astron Elliptic in the mail today. Bravo Estes! Bravo Christine! Thank You for going above and beyond.

I have yet to have a problem with any Estes product I've ever owned but since rejoining the hobby and joining this forum a bit back, I keep reading how responsive they are to their customers. Kudos to them! Good to know if I ever do have an issue, I can't count on their support.
Michael

I wish I had that kind of luck. One of their G motors split its case, torched a new scratch build, and never left the pad. I spent a couple hours pay on one motor and all I got was a ruined rocket. Sent them pictures, date codes, time and place, never heard a thing from them.

Did you send it to the contact us page on there website? If you did you may want to try posting on there Facebook page that you sent something and haven't heard. I had sent them info and hadn't heard back and someone suggested the facebook avenue. All I did was mention I was trying to contact them and I received feedback right away. They then took care of me. From what I have seen personally and read here on the Forum they seem to have awesome customer service.

Did you send it to the contact us page on there website? If you did you may want to try posting on there Facebook page that you sent something and haven't heard. I had sent them info and hadn't heard back and someone suggested the facebook avenue. All I did was mention I was trying to contact them and I received feedback right away. They then took care of me. From what I have seen personally and read here on the Forum they seem to have awesome customer service.

Yes, this exact same circumstance happend with me a few years ago. I think that for what ever reason the contact us info had been lost. A quick post on the facebook page netted an immediate response and my issues were resolved quickly and to my satifaction.

I love Estes, not because of their great customer service or their awesome line of products but because they have been there for us(the hobby) promoting rocketry all along. There are plenty of young whipper snappers out there providing great products and service for our hobby, Estes is the venerable old man that keeps on truckin. I can dig that.

The page on their website seems to occasionally drop submitted forms. It took me two tries to get through recently, but when I did, they quickly offered to send a new kit the value of the one destroyed by a CATO and a motor, or the option for a higher cost kit. Fantastic customer service Estes!

I wish I had that kind of luck. One of their G motors split its case, torched a new scratch build, and never left the pad. I spent a couple hours pay on one motor and all I got was a ruined rocket. Sent them pictures, date codes, time and place, never heard a thing from them.

I too think their website doesn't get every message through. PM Mike, username be69ar on here. He will get your message to the right place.

I too had a CATO, it was an E9 in a Vagabond. Estes sent me a replacement Vagabond and motors. AND Mike hooked me up with a sweet Estes baseball cap at NARAM so I can represent when I'm out flying.

Echoing the above statement - i had a couple of messages dropped - but when they get it, they are very responsive. I had a cato and the qcc issue and they have sent out a replacement.

Back