Just pulled the trigger on NAR membership, Now looking for Georgia Rocketeers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketMike

Reaction score
I'm now a member of the NAR for the first in my life. Like a lot of other things, this was something I always wanted to do and be involved in when I was younger and in the hobby earlier but I never did. I've been looking at info on the sections nearby me and it appears that my best two bets are either GAMMA or SOAR. Both are a little farther away from me than I would like but the distance is doable. I thought I had found a closer group in Madison Ga. but it turns out they are a high school rocketry club! So the question is, what do I do now? Just show up at a launch? I think I may have already run into a couple of you Georgia guys on some of my other threads but all the same, drop a post in here and say hi and give me some info about the doings in the state if ya got it. I live in the Eatonton Ga. area on Lake Sinclair so if anybody is nearby, let me know. BAR here, ready to go!:cool:
Michael

I'm now a member of the NAR for the first in my life. Like a lot of other things, this was something I always wanted to do and be involved in when I was younger and in the hobby earlier but I never did. I've been looking at info on the sections nearby me and it appears that my best two bets are either GAMMA or SOAR. Both are a little farther away from me than I would like but the distance is doable. I thought I had found a closer group in Madison Ga. but it turns out they are a high school rocketry club! So the question is, what do I do now? Just show up at a launch? I think I may have already run into a couple of you Georgia guys on some of my other threads but all the same, drop a post in here and say hi and give me some info about the doings in the state if ya got it. I live in the Eatonton Ga. area on Lake Sinclair so if anybody is nearby, let me know. BAR here, ready to go!:cool:
Michael

Another BAR here - we're not too far away from each other. Last year, a little after moving to GA, I just dropped in on one of the SoAr club launches. They were very open and friendly. I recommend you do the same thing. Living this far away from Atlanta, I prefer the launches down my way. The field in Byromville/Lily (a sod farm) is pretty nice. I realize that it's a bit of a drive for you, but most of the SoAR members travel down there and live further away than you do. I think the next Lily launch is in November. They are also working on procuring a field in Senoia, which would be an even better destination for you.

Feel free to drop me a line if you want more information: gah2dantz [at] cs [dot] com.

Another BAR here - we're not too far away from each other. Last year, a little after moving to GA, I just dropped in on one of the SoAr club launches. They were very open and friendly. I recommend you do the same thing. Living this far away from Atlanta, I prefer the launches down my way. The field in Byromville/Lily (a sod farm) is pretty nice. I realize that it's a bit of a drive for you, but most of the SoAR members travel down there and live further away than you do. I think the next Lily launch is in November. They are also working on procuring a field in Senoia, which would be an even better destination for you.

Feel free to drop me a line if you want more information: gah2dantz [at] cs [dot] com.
When it's all said and done, the Atlanta launches and the Lily launches are probably pretty close to being the same distance for me. Lily may be a bit closer and probably less traffic. Not a huge deal, I don't mind the drive too much but with gas being what it is, I'll just have to pick and choose when I can come. Very pleased to meet you L.W., will shoot you an E-mail soon.
Michael

Back