For The Record.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Granted, there was a time when you couldn't find a hot pepper I couldn't handle. As much as I love em, I learned my body no longer does. Especially those peppers that make your ear drums burn. 1 drop of Dave's Insanity Sauce on my tongue was NOT pleasing at all. It's only hot as hell. Now days I like a medium heat level because I can actually taste the pepper flavor while still enjoying the heat. I'll say this to all of the hot heads in the forum, remember why Cheech Marin was praying for ice cream in the toilet stall.

Gary, I lovem! Thai chiles are may favorite.
Daves insanity is good heat not much on flavor.
The Ghost peppers are really sweet in flavor but the heat heat is Freakin CrAzY!
I eat Jalepenos like grapes but Sweet mother of Brimstone these are hot.

Yep. I had some sauce made with them. It is way hotter than Habaneros. I like hot food and they are almost too hot. All I had to say was come on ice cream.

I like red serrano and red chili peppers. I have 6 plants in the garden and they're blooming. Yeah, I planted late but I'm hopeful. Still like Jalapenos for that all around mexi dish.

Scotch Bonnet anyone?

Eric you are hard core...The Ghost is the Naga Bhut Jolokia and is 1,000,000 on the Scoville chart...it was hard to find a small chart and I'm sure there are more complete lists.
I also used to pride myself on Hot Sauce consumption..especially in front of an audience. My little brother once drank the water out of the Daisy Vase on our table...then went to the restroom to flush his mouth out from the sink!:lol:
My taste buds (Thank God they still work right!) have grown to appreciate the lower heat sauces with more pepper taste.
In fact in the last few years my Normal Hot sauce is sriracha..good sun roasted flavor and garlic.chilitemp.jpgHUY-06109-0.jpg

I never heard of ghost chilies before yesterday. I saw an episode of "Man Vs. Food" where Adam ate a burger called the Four Horsemen. I was garnished with sauteed mixture of jalepenos, serranos, habaneros and ghost chilies. He looked pretty miserable.

Grow habaneros (have for years). Really hot...but the Ghost Pepper has a TOTALLY different burn. To me, it feels as if someone is pinching your tongue with pliers.

Habanero Dip anyone?

2ea 8oz cream cheese
1ea 16oz sour cream
4-5 fresh garlic cloves minced finely
5-8 habaneros (seeded and minced finely)
1 1/2 TBSP Lemon Pepper
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped

***ADDICTIVE***

A prized pepper in North Florida (St Augustine) is the Datil Pepper. It's ok in taste..but they make everything from jelly to pickles with Datil. I have had some excellent relishes with Datil.

I keep sriracha in the fridge religiously. I like to refer to it as Asian Hot Ketchup. Same consistency as ketchup but way into the hot & spicy! This is a great additive to hot dogs which I no longer eat, but it tops off just about any hot sauce related food.

Eric,

Did you wash you hands before urinating - bet that will burn right up into the prostate.

Grow habaneros (have for years). Really hot...but the Ghost Pepper has a TOTALLY different burn. To me, it feels as if someone is pinching your tongue with pliers.

Habanero Dip anyone?

2ea 8oz cream cheese
1ea 16oz sour cream
4-5 fresh garlic cloves minced finely
5-8 habaneros (seeded and minced finely)
1 1/2 TBSP Lemon Pepper
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped

***ADDICTIVE***

So gonna try this one!
Thanks!!!

Eric,

Did you wash you hands before urinating - bet that will burn right up into the prostate.

Yes but Still tingled a bit. Trust me those Ghosts are like wasps stinging your tongue.
Nose ran water for about 30 minutes. Just one bite, about a third of the pepper!
This is a pepper to blend only.

I have a pepper bush this year. Almost a tree.

A couple of years ago I decided to try out Chile Tepin and started a few plants from seed. They didn't do very much but I mulched them and one came back the next spring. It made a nice sized bush and I harvested (tedious since they are so small) a fair number of them in the fall. This year the dang thing is nearly as tall as I am and it is producing heavily now. So I am making salsa with some and stashing the rest in the freezer for later.

I have discovered that the Tepin has an interesting feature of its heat besides being quite hot. The heat continues to increase after you stop eating. Yikes.

I used to like hot (spicy) foods but as I've aged my preferences have turned more to flavor than heat.

I have a pepper bush this year. Almost a tree.

A couple of years ago I decided to try out Chile Tepin and started a few plants from seed. They didn't do very much but I mulched them and one came back the next spring. It made a nice sized bush and I harvested (tedious since they are so small) a fair number of them in the fall. This year the dang thing is nearly as tall as I am and it is producing heavily now. So I am making salsa with some and stashing the rest in the freezer for later.

I have discovered that the Tepin has an interesting feature of its heat besides being quite hot. The heat continues to increase after you stop eating. Yikes.

I have some of these dried. Nice heat and a smoky background! Dang good little pepper!

But trust me on this, wash you hands. I can blister the skin. No as much as the ghost pepper but the Habeniero has a punch.

You speak the truth, Chuck! years ago, I happened to touch a contact before proper cleansing...WOW!!!

My hands usually feel a bit "arthritic" for a day or so after cutting them up. And sensitive to the touch! And this is a substance we crave for to ingest!!!

You speak the truth, Chuck! years ago, I happened to touch a contact before proper cleansing...WOW!!!

My hands usually feel a bit "arthritic" for a day or so after cutting them up. And sensitive to the touch! And this is a substance we crave for to ingest!!!

We all joke about it, I has a patient who had 1-2 degree burns from what I think was Scotch Bonnet peppers. They can really light you up if you do not use proper protection. I love the things but I am amazed that we can eat them.

I recently moved to Florida and discovered this place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gsTxx2SuVk

Somebody attempted the wing challenge while I was there and my eyes were burning from a table away.

I used to eat habanero's plain in a single bite (sans seeds!) but this is just too much even for me.

I personally won't eat them any more. Once is enough. One bite of the sauce was too much. I can't imagine what the pure extract or pepper would do. I love hot food, but eating should not feel like going into a gas chamber.

Last edited:
I like to taste my food when I eat, not burn out my tastebuds and sear my esophagus.

Last edited:
I have always loved hot spicy food however now that I'm in my "golden" years hot and spicy doesn't like me. I usually pay for it the next day when it's on the way out:y:

Back