Poll: Should I build an Alpha III goony or an Alpha III stretch?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I build an Alpha III Goony or Stretch?

• Alpha III Goony

• Alpha III Stretch

Results are only viewable after voting.

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow
Reaction score
I ended up with two sets of BT-60 Alpha III decals from my Alpha III XXL build. I used one set to convert my Super Alpha into a Super Alpha III. What should I do with the second set? Should I build an Alpha III Goony or an Alpha III Stretch? I've never built a goony before, so that might be fun.

alpha_iii_bt-60_goony_empty_red.jpg

super_alpha_iii_goony_screenshot.jpg

super_alpha_iii_stretch_screenshot.jpg

Super_Alpha_stretch_empty_red.jpg

If you make numerous, very fine cuts the length of the decals, you can make two complimentary sets of "striped" decals and then build both models.
I'm here to help.
Kenn

Last edited:
Maybe, just to tick off the Alpha purists and 3FNC lovers, you should build an Alpha IV, with four fins... :tongue:

Build a 2 stage Goony
or an Alpha 3 stage goony

Last edited:
Last edited:
As much as I like the Goony concept, the stretch version just looks better.

I think I'm leaning that way, too. I can build the stretch version zipperless. The goony wouldn't be long enough.

Hmm- is it just me or would a stretched,goony Alpha IV look like a Big Bertha??? Besides, you should build both-you KNOW this crowd won't be happy until you do!!!

Not really. Big Bertha fins are shaped differently, and there are four of them. But a Big Bertha with Alpha III paint and decals would be cool!

HMMM, A goony---stretch--stretch goony--staged stretch--staged goony--staged stretched goony---or the ever popular goony staged and stretched! If I were you I'd get a bigger work area. Where I'm from we call this a coffin corner--as in--I painted myself into:bang:

How about an "Alpha III stretch goony 3-fin 4-fin 2-stage"?

Alpha_III_goony_stretch_3fin_4fin_2stage_screenshot1.jpg

Alpha_III_goony_stretch_3fin_4fin_2stage_screenshot2.jpg

Don't hold back. Tell me how you really feel.

So it would officially be the "Super Alpha III Stretch Goony 3-Fin 4-Fin 2-Stage". Certainly the longest rocket name I've ever come up with!

So it would officially be the "Super Alpha III Stretch Goony 3-Fin 4-Fin 2-Stage". Certainly the longest rocket name I've ever come up with!

...with dual deployment". Marc can make the vinyl....

...with dual deployment". Marc can make the vinyl....

No, I think I'm gonna draw the line at dual deployment. LOL

I already have a set of BT-60 Alpha III decals, but I suppose I could put the name on it. If it would fit on an 18" body tube...

I wont! I love the design, and the name. I put extra long names on some of my rockets to annoy a certain LCO, it's a hoot!

I've been tempted to build a rocket and call it "Rocket with an exceedingly long name which serves no purpose other than to be a rocket with an exceedingly long name" :roll: I have no idea how I would get that on the flight card.
I love the AIIISG3F4FTS! (Did I get that right?)

I've been tempted to build a rocket and call it "Rocket with an exceedingly long name which serves no purpose other than to be a rocket with an exceedingly long name" :roll: I have no idea how I would get that on the flight card.
I love the AIIISG3F4FTS! (Did I get that right?)

That would certainly be longer than my name! Actually, my acronym would be either "SAIIISGTFFFTS" or "SAIIISG3F4F2S". I like the second one better. The numbers break it up a bit. The first one looks like a New York taxi driver's name. (Old joke. LOL)

Back