Side Pods and Clusters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasonH

Reaction score
I had an idea I liked, and I had some time. Put it all into Rocksim, and this is what I come up with...not going to build it, but thought I might as well share it. Enjoy. View attachment POD.rkt

Build it. Build it. Build it!!!

That looks not a little like the out of production ARC 1318 or 1824!

Trust me, I would LOVE to build it, but I can't right now. Money is tight and I already decided my next rocket would be a Gizmo. Unless that changes, anyone can feel free to steal the plans as long as credit is given where it is due.

The idea has intrigued me, and I suspect sooner or later (probably later), I'll build a booster/pod design. This one has LOTS of potential! I do hope you get a chance to build her...

Later!

--Coop

Build it! I did. Lower BT is 2.5" and upper is 4". 38mm motor. Viper Rocket 002.jpg130.JPG

If I build it, it would be put on the back burner until summer 2013. I just don't have the money right now. Otherwise, the parts would already be at my door.

[POW]Eagle159;369050 said:
can some post a screen shot, I dont have open rocket, so I cant see a picture. :(

Actually its a Rocksim. .ORK files are Open Rocket, .RKT files are Rocksim. Still need a photo?

[POW]Eagle159;369134 said:
WOW, Thanks a lot.

That is a cool rocket design! I like how the transition is right above above the bods.
Thanks. The small "fins" on the main tube of the rocket are for buttons, launch lugs, etc. Plus, they add at least a TINY bit of stability should something happen to the pods...

Ummm.........okay.

However, mine is real. And it flies.

so there, s6
(insert appropriate smiley icon to indicate good natured light hearted sarcasm here).
Haha! Good point. Mine is just a plan right now... :D

Back