Thread: Falcon 9 Dragon

Falcon 9 Dragon

Based on the actual rocket being developed by Elon Musk's SpaceX company, this particular rocket is in scale with the Ares I and V etc that I've built, and is quite small in comparison. It's scratch built from the ground up from cardstock. It will fly on Estes mini engines and recover via a streamer. It's about 65% complete as of tonight.

Very Cool....
    But I have to ask, what is that neato' silver rocket in the background?

Layne Pemberton NAR# 83083
    Mad Scientist, Minion and Owner
    PembertonTechnologies.com
    10 Stagecoach Rd.
    Conway, AR 72034

L1 on Pem-Tech Space Ark

pem_tech (at) Yahoo (dot) com
    TRF (at) pembertontechnologies (dot) com
    ---------------------------------------------------

L2 - CTI Certify With Us - 4" HMAS Bonestell build

Under Development: Marza as of 04/29/06, Ten-Ten (10-10) as of 03/01/07, LPR M2-Mars Challenger 04/17/07, Starship Achilles as of 07/30/07, Goonie Kraken as of 07/12/08 (Thanks to Jewel Barton), The Gorgon as of 02/12/2010, Sorta' Saturn VII Gemini Launch Vehicle as of 08/08, Lemon Aid as of 08/15/08, Arcturus as of 08/25/06, MPR Bonestell
    as of 1/21/07, Orion Boom-Boom as of 07/01/08,Gorgon 2010

Yes, I'd like to know as well... I've seen it in the background on both this and the Ares V thread and INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!

It look really cool... sorta like the "Messiah" spacecraft from "Deep Impact"... (course that has to be the STUPIDEST name for a spacecraft in movie history, AFAIC)

So what's the story??

Great build on the Ares V and F-9, BTW...

Later! OL JR
    The X-87B Cruise Basselope- THE ultimate weapon in the arsenal of homeland defense and only $52 million per round!

The "silver" rocket in the background is the USS Carl Sagan, an original design of mine (static though ). It's from a short story I wrote a few years ago (it gets blown up the in the end, sadly);if any wants to read it I'll post it in the Watering hole section. Back story and photos:http://www.bautforum.com/off-topic-b...arl-sagan.html
    Last edited by Atlantis; 16th June 2009 at 10:50 PM.

Finished:

Falcon Launch! (as opposed to punch)

I'll finish the flight equipment on this rocket and the Ares V sometime this week.