Another rocket build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jallenjet

Reaction score
Not sure if it'll fly well but it was fun to build and looks kind of cool! 2nd rocket I've built this time it will have 3 engines, I know I know clusters arent for everyone but they are perfect for my 9 year old! I'm out of paint ideas for the next one so that'll be my next question haha !

image-1882998339.jpg

image-2587901577.jpg

image-1351998082.jpg

image-3295386823.jpg

Note(s) on clusters:
a standard estes launch controller won't have the juice to light all three simultaneously.
Quest Q2G2 igniters are the way to go
Make sure the bird is stable with 3 motors in the back, then add nose weight if needed.

Good looking rockets! Clusters are a blast!

Thanks for the info! A bunch of guys previously suggested the same, I have a whole bunch of quest igniters and built a clip whip if needed and made a 12v launcher so should be good!.....or it'll light one off and go all over the place haha either way it'll be fun!

Looks nice, 50'' tall, right?

I like the simple BRIGHT clean finish on both of them!

C11-3s or D12-5s for engines?

Estes controller will be PLENTY to make them go, IF you're using Quest Q2G2's. Unfortunately, they'll also all go when you do a continuity check! Swap the light bulb for an LED or a piezo buzzer and you'll be low-current safe. You only need the big 12V relay launcher with igniters that pull more current. The Q2G2's will pop if you look at them cross-eyed!

-Ken (cluster fanatic)

Thanks for the heads up Ken! I think I'm going to shove e-9-11's in them? Sound ok? Only because I have a package of them around haha. I'll put a gopro video up when I launch it, fingers crossed!

Back