Working With Fiberglass/CF Indoors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jms

Reaction score
So as I'm about to be kicking off my Wildman builds, I am curious how people deal with fiberglass/CF dust indoors? I know for sure not everyone has a garage (like myself), so what do you do to keep the dust down, any safety tips?

So as I'm about to be kicking off my Wildman builds, I am curious how people deal with fiberglass/CF dust indoors? I know for sure not everyone has a garage (like myself), so what do you do to keep the dust down, any safety tips?

You need to do your cutting outside and be sure you wear a dust mask and have any breeze taking the dust away from you. Wet saws are great if you have one, but most of us don't. You don't want this stuff in your lungs, because it rips them to shreds! CF dust is also conductive and will really cause problems inside electronics or electric motors.

As far as sanding, wet sanding is the way to go, so be sure your sandpaper is rated for that. Sanding over a laundry sink, or a big tub of water will work and gives you a great result with zero dust.

Just my $.02 and YMMV.

Mark

Back