Estes Greyhawk Orbital Interceptor clone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlazarus6660

Reaction score
After seeing this rocket at the CMASS launch I'm planning to do a clone of the Estes Greyhawk Orbital Interceptor. It will fit right in with all the aircraft theme rockets I already have. I've printed the building plans and the parts, but I do not see a size bar on the balsa fins template so I'm wondering if they are the correct size. Could someone confirm the size of the balsawood di-cut sheet of the fins Please?

The plans from JimZ web site. Plan # 2068

https://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/est2068.htm

Can't help with confirming the Balsa wood kit sheets.

but thought I'd share that this bird makes an excellent 3 motor cluster flyer as well. When the model first hit the market our club did a bunch of builds for estes indurstries, as promotion give aways for us at the Nat'l Air & Space museum gift shop. I was given the Grayhawk as my project. We were each given 4 kits of the same model. we were to build as many as necessary to get a "Museum quality" model for the gift shop to display.
I built 2 of my three one for the gift shop the other as a 3 motor cluster conversion. As far as I know the blue/grey model is still hanging in the gift shop downtown while I'm still flying the Brown/tan Camo 3-motor cluster. It's a blast on 3 B or C motors.
Since they were all boxed kits I can't get to the balsa sheets without opening my remaining Greyhawk kit. I could measure and give you the finished dimensions of the fin/wing parts from my built model if you like?

Last edited:
Thanks John and great job on your build and having it displayed at the Nat'l Air & Space museum gift shop. Kewl!

Another member got me some measurments so I'm all set on that.
I love all the projects you do and the post you make.

Daniel

Back