newbie question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genzod

Reaction score
i just got started in this,picked up some estes kits,having a blast, are the igniter wires that co0me with the engines interchangable,like can i use the igniter wire from a b4-4 on a c6-5 ? or are they all specific w the engine it came with in the pack ?? thanks guys

You must use the plug that came with the motor, they are not interchangible (with some exceptions)

You must use the plug that came with the motor, they are not interchangible (with some exceptions)

That is a good point, using the wrong plug could result in some unwanted fireworks on the pad(motor go boom).

Or just not use the plug at all, use a small ball of flameproof wadding or a piece of tape, like we did in the olden days

Last edited:
Yeah, I use that with my homeade igniters. I wonder what would happen if I used flash paper instead of wadding.:dark:

Back