Pro29 3g loads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksrockets

Now with 8% more aluminum
Reaction score
Im trying to get a cert and im buying the pro29 3g case.
What H motor do you guys like that fits in that case? Im thinking about a H163 but i cant find any info (pictures /video) of it besides thrust curve.
My rocket is under 30 oz and is 4in wide. What motors do you reccomend for the case. Post some pictures or videos or something.
Alex

I always thought you had to use the high power 6 grain case? Also I noticed on Apogee's website it seems a lot of the propellent you buy for the PRO29 you have to be Level 1 to buy it? Is this right?

Also where is the best place to buy the propellent? I checked Wildman and I guess that would be my first choice? Aside from online I'm thinking of just buying directly from the dealer at one of the launch events to avoid the HAZMAT fees.

Yeah you do have to get a cert to fly most of the motors. Once you do havea cert there are some pretty awesome motors. F120, G250, any skidmark, G54 etc.

Some pretty awesome EXPENSIVE motors! They do sound nice though, I agree.

I also heard the same thing that they are pretty nice motors. When you get your Level 1 does it matter what brand you use? Can you use either CTI or Aerotech reloads?

I also heard the same thing that they are pretty nice motors. When you get your Level 1 does it matter what brand you use? Can you use either CTI or Aerotech reloads?

You can use any CERTIFIED high powered motor of 'H' or 'I' power to get your Level 1 certification..

afaik the motors just need to be A) certified and B) the right impulse level for the cert attempt(ie either an H or an I for lv 1)
rex

Is it just me or does CTIs blue streak look much more vivid then ATs blue thunder?

I used the H133 for my cert, and it is a nice motor, but my buddy used the H163, and it is awesome. Video is available on the club website: https://cavemanchemistry.com/hovarwp/?p=424 The rocket shown below, "Ilus Koer," is a 4" diameter Hangar11 glueless rocket on an H163.

H163 is my favorite (so far) of the 3G CTI loads, but I have not been disappointed in any of them.

IlusKoerH163Launch.jpg

Last edited:
I just got the H410 from WM, and I got the case free. I can't wait to use it in my DarkStar Lite....... :D

Don't forget that CTI has Spring Certification specials: buy the reload and get the case free.

Bob

CTI 29/3g is my most used CTI 29mm casing. On my second casing since it was damaged after a flight with a H45. Got a new case through the vendor.

The H163 should be pretty sweet too; White Thunder is one of my favorite propellants.

What about the H399 White Thunder? Anyone tried that one. I've seen it fly once. I thought it was pretty cool.

Jeroen

Last edited:
What about the H399 White Thunder? Anyone tried that one. I've seen it fly once. I thought it was pretty cool.

Jeroen

The H399 looks awesome, just from the pictures on the CTI website.the H399 takes the 6 grain case. after I get the 3 grain starter set I might get the 6g case so I can fly every reload that fits in the 29mm cases minus the 6XL.
You do seen like the one to ask about CTI, Jeroen at CTI.

Is it just me or does CTIs blue streak look much more vivid then ATs blue thunder?

I would have to agree with the comment, but it does not seem to be quite as bleu as the K800BB by AMW. I love that motor.

I would have to agree with the comment, but it does not seem to be quite as bleu as the K800BB by AMW. I love that motor.

Gents

Great motors all, but be patient. He asked about a L1 cert motor in a Pro29 3G casing.

Bob

My bad. Knew the H399 was a 6G casing and thought someone suggested a H1338 (instead of a H133B)which I never heard of but knew it couldn't be in a 29 mm casing.

Bob

My L1 used an H54. If that's enough thrust to get your rocket up to speed by the end of the rail/rod, it's a super-long burn (one of the very longest in 29mm) and it is really fun to watch. Very "October Skies" feeling. And it won't shake your rocket to pieces.
I flew that same rocket on an H295 Smoky Sam at Dairy Aire last weekend and it left me with some repairs to do. One of my fins evidently wasn't comfortable with going from 0 to 425 MPH in 0.8 seconds (per the AltimeterTwo). The H54 took it almost as high during my cert flight, but it burned for 4.8 seconds!
Don't overlook this motor!
--John Beans, Jolly Logic

Back