Estes - Yellow Jacket (#2008) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished this little gem yesterday. Was really tough to get any kind of half-consistant lay of color with all the wind we had, but in between gusts......

YellowJacket6-17-2011001.jpg

YellowJacket6-17-2011004.jpg

YellowJacket6-17-2011008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My Estes Yellow Jacket.

Attachments

• yellow jacket.JPG
    yellow jacket.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 103
Welcome to the Estes Yellow Jacket (#2008) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Yellow Jacket (#2008) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Yellow Jacket: #2008
Estes: Yellow Jacket: #7005
MMWW: T3 Micro Yellow Jacket: #326
Thrustline: Yellow Jacket: TACL-040

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Yellow Jacket (#2008) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Yellow Jacket Also known as:

NUMBER: #2008

Introduced: 1989
Final Year: 1998
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 16.8"
Diameter: 0.976"
Span:
Weight: 1.08 oz

Mfg. Description: High performance is a top feature of this easy-to-assemble sport flier. Flights over 1200 feet high are possible with a "C" engine. (Estes 1989 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-yellow%20jacket%202008-1989%20cat.jpg
1989 Catalog

Face Card(s)

estes-yellow%20jacket%202008-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-yellow%20jacket%202008-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Estes Yellow Jacket (#7005) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

NUMBER: #7005

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Recovery: Parachute
Length: 16.8"
Diameter: 0.976"
Span:
Weight: 1.08 oz

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
MMWW (Estes) Yellow Jacket (#326) Basic Information.

MMWW.gif
McCoy's Micro Wonder Works (MMWW)

MODEL NAME: T3 Micro Yellow Jacket Also known as:

NUMBER: #326

Introduced: 2006
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Downscale
Motor Mount: 1x6mm
Recovery: Streamer
Length: 6.578"
Diameter: 0.375"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

mmww-(estes)%20yellow%20jacket%20326-plan.jpg
Plan Image

Face Card(s)

mmww-(estes)%20yellow%20jacket%20326-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

mmww-(estes)%20yellow%20jacket%20326-face%201.jpg

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
Thrustline Yellow Jacket (TACL-040) Basic Information.

thrustline.gif
Thrustline Aerospace

NUMBER: TACL-040

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Clone
Recovery: 1
Stages: Parachute
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
here is my slightly upscale Yellow Jacket.
It really moves and is as straight as an arrow.

yellowjacket.jpg

yellowjacket2.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished an upscale Yellow Jacket based on LOC 3" tubing. Similar to other upscale build threads I have seen on here, I painted the black stripes and cut the yellow jackets from Trim Monokote. It has 29mm motor tube with a home made pvc retainer. Will fly off a rail (my first).

I did make the fins 75% of the scaled dimensions since this had such a large margin of stability. With our windy weather, an over stable flyer can go nearly horizontal.

The little YJ was built by my oldest son many moons ago. I took it to our club launch last year and a little boy ran out to recover it. On the way back in, he stepped in the middle of it, crushing the body :cry: it won't fly anymore, but at least when I roll it around, the crushed part is hidden for display.

Can't wait to fly it. OR predicts 1285 ft on a G, I may use it for an L1 cert, but figure I would lose it on an H.

DSC_5046MR.jpg

DSC_5048MR.jpg

YJ_3_75Fin.jpg

I just finished an upscale Yellow Jacket based on LOC 3" tubing. Similar to other upscale build threads I have seen on here, I painted the black stripes and cut the yellow jackets from Trim Monokote. It has 29mm motor tube with a home made pvc retainer. Will fly off a rail (my first).

I did make the fins 75% of the scaled dimensions since this had such a large margin of stability. With our windy weather, an over stable flyer can go nearly horizontal.

The little YJ was built by my oldest son many moons ago. I took it to our club launch last year and a little boy ran out to recover it. On the way back in, he stepped in the middle of it, crushing the body :cry: it won't fly anymore, but at least when I roll it around, the crushed part is hidden for display.

Can't wait to fly it. OR predicts 1285 ft on a G, I may use it for an L1 cert, but figure I would lose it on an H.

I feel ya there...

I had an excited little one once step on the rocket that he was trying to help me recover...

Nowadays, I keep pennies taped to colorful streamers on hand to put into the rocket in my launch kit. If little ones are present, I load the rocket with a few of these, and tell the kids to try and get the "pennies from heaven", and leave the rocket to the adults. It works best when the wind is up a little so the rocket drifts a little further than the kids' prize. I might also try some of those little army men toys from the dollar store some day.

Finally got to fly my 3" YJ! First flight on an F42-4. The wind started picking up, and I ran out of time to build a G reload, so she only has one flight under her belt, but it was a beauty!!!

Our club found a new launch field which we will be sharing with R/C flyers, but they are very cool about our rockets. Yesterday was our first launch, and since there is an asphalt airstrip at the field, people can fly in...a guy from Bowie TX contacted our prez about flying in to fly with us...he came in a Stearman!!! pics at https://www.flickr.com/photos/75773285@N07/sets/72157634629051220/

DSC_5331MR.jpg

DSC_5352MR.jpg

DSC_5353_cropMR.jpg

DSC_5360MR.jpg

Here are my two Yellowjacket kit bashes. The larger one is done from the Viking kit and the small 13mm one is done from the Star Trooper kit. I added my own little hand painted Yellowjacket logo to both.

Attachments

• IMG_4616.JPG
    IMG_4616.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 16
Back