Russian N-1 booster. Does anyone have it?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JNUK

Reaction score
I've been trying to access www.currell.net/models/, but the site seams to be off-line. As far as I know it's the only hosting N-1 booster model.
  1. Does anyone know what's happened to the site?
  2. Does anyone have the N-1 pdf-s you can share with me?

I have them if you'd care to suggest a way, I'd be happy to send them on.
Too bad about the site, I've converted a fair few of his and they're great fun. Not the N-1 yet though

I've been trying to access www.currell.net/models/, but the site seams to be off-line. As far as I know it's the only hosting N-1 booster model.
  1. Does anyone know what's happened to the site?
  2. Does anyone have the N-1 pdf-s you can share with me?
I just tried accessing the site and it came up fine for me.

I just clicked on your link, too and boom!, there it was.

Yes. It works for me again. :confused2:
I just panicked a little bit, but on the other hand I've come a cross a bunch of nice helpful guys. Not bad I think.
Cheers.

Currell's site is very near and dear to us cardstock spacemodelers. You gave us a scare there for a minute. ;)

Thanks for the link...working on mine right now. My first cardstock model (after Art Applewhites rockets of course):

img3878h.jpg

FC

On mine I decided to use a BT-60. It's all one piece until the middle of the 3rd stage. Then the 3rd stage necks down, but the payload section was exactly the OD of a BT-60, so a different BT-60 completely substitutes for the original paper tube. Which makes it great for nose cones...the one you see was simply glued to a BT-60 stage coupler. If I find it too complex to build the rest I can always go to BMS to make an entire nose cone...

The main reason I did this was for strength...I've found that BT-50s or BT-20s tend to get 'tender' in the long axis much past a standard 18 inch length, and I wasn't sure how much side force these shrouds would impart. I also plan to run a BT-50 along the whole length of the rocket for additional strength (this rocket will be very Russian...robust). This will allow me to use Es to Bs (with adapters) to fly this one. In addition, the launch rod will acutally run through the BT-60 and through the nose cone shroud. The BT-50 will actually be carrying all the ejection charge until the nose cone (which will have a BT-60 stage coupler but a BT-50 balsa block).

The things you lose with using a wide tube is the six inner engines on the first stage, and the 4 engines on the third stage. But considering this'll be more of a semi scale project (I plan to fill and sand, then add most of the larger details, then primer and paint), I can accept the compromise.

Hopefully she'll turn out to be a good flier.

FC

My pointer finger is numb!

I've just spent most of the evening cutting out the first stage lattice.

Of course, I was so proud of it that I glued it into place...and totally forgot that the second stage has no engine nacelles!

Dang if I'm going to take that lattice off now!

Left to do - Second stage lattice, recovery system install, fins and the 24 first stage engine nacelles. Then final details, poly and primer, sanding, painting, and final nose weight install.

FC

Back