New big canard boost glider: it needs a name!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxout

Reaction score
This bird is basically my successful Aleda design turned around and blown up 2.5x. It seems to fly quite well (the normal sized one floats like crazy). And it needs a name. Feel free to post your opinions on the beast here, but name suggestions need to go onto the comments section on youtube or facebook. ;)

[video=youtube;8Fm3UFnTppk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fm3UFnTppk&t=85s[/video]

Well, Josh . . . To me, the name is obvious.

Since it is a "backwards" Aleda, the name should be "Adela" !

Cool design . . . The first canard BG I ever saw was the Centuri Mini-Dactyl, circa 1974 . . . ( I feel "old" 0 LOL ! )

Dave F.

Since it is a "backwards" Aleda, the name should be "Adela" !

Cool design . . . The first canard BG I ever saw was the Centuri Mini-Dactyl, circa 1974 . . . ( I feel "old" 0 LOL ! )

Well I actually considered that but my wife wasn't really excited by that idea.

Mini-Dactyl is a good airplane. I have good memories of mine. Incredibly simple and they *always* fly.

So the name has occurred. Also, this thing absolutely rips!

I've had a much smaller (8" span) version of this bird going for a while now and have released it as a kit. Flies really well and launches the straightest of any boost glider I've built. Check it out:

Back