Help Needed - Small engine nozzles for BT-5 and BT-20

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToneDeafJunior

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Would someone be able to help me find small motor nozzles for BT-20 and BT-5 tubes please? I have checked shapeways.com but can't find what I want. I'm looking for some engine bells to go on some boosters and just need them for form and not function. Someone's gotta sell these things without paying a fortune through shapeways... Left over plastic nozzles from model rockets, etc. I'm running out of places to think to look. Help would be appreciated.

If you give me some dimensions I can throw together a design in Tinkercad next time I have a minute to work on it...

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Would someone be able to help me find small motor nozzles for BT-20 and BT-5 tubes please? I have checked shapeways.com but can't find what I want. I'm looking for some engine bells to go on some boosters and just need them for form and not function. Someone's gotta sell these things without paying a fortune through shapeways... Left over plastic nozzles from model rockets, etc. I'm running out of places to think to look. Help would be appreciated.

Use a plastic nosecone. Cut off the tip until it fits a short piece of coupler. Then cut off the base to get the nozzle appearance you're looking for. Depending on the scale, you may need a nosecone larger, smaller, or the same as the main tube.

Nozzle.jpgThank you all for the advice. I think I'll try the card stock idea first with some CA for strength. This was a great idea. Thank you. I can't find ketchup cups small enough for a BT20 or BT5. The tube in the picture is a BT60.

Back