Red Arrow Hobbies stealing money

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey,, nice pic,,
comon,,
cough em up..

Teddy

kkkk,,
I'll bribe ya..

hey,, nice pic,,
comon,,
cough em up..

Teddy

kkkk,,
I'll bribe ya..

lol I've got a million, but I can't tell blue thunder from loki blue in most....hard to pick through and find the right ones.

lol I've got a million, but I can't tell blue thunder from loki blue in most....hard to pick through and find the right ones.

Look really, really, REALLY close..
you can tell..
There's a nice bribe in this for you...lol...

Teddy

Look really, really, REALLY close..
you can tell..
There's a nice bribe in this for you...lol...

lol. I'll take a good look through tonight after the kiddos pass out... if you see any you like (take a look at my URRF albums, i know theres some good Loki at the away cells but I have trouble IDing those too) email me links and I'll pull 'em out

Finally got the refund back to Paypal.

I don't wish Dave ill will but dude! Shut it down or something!

What does a red arrow represent anyways! Native Indian's revenge?

He's spending too much time smoking the peace pipe and not enough time on customer service. I'm sure after smoking enough he doesn't really care that he's screwing over most everyone that places orders.

Last edited:
Not that he doesn't really care, just that he's forgotten what he was doing (remember, one of the leading symptoms of prolonged use is limited short term memory!!) And if he does smoke enough, I'm sure he's just clueless, not spiteful..

"What?! oh Sorry man, completely forgot... hehe.."

Folks, can we keep the comments civil, specific, fact-based, non-speculative?

You do know where you are at, don't you?

Honestly, I think this thread has run its course and I'm surprised it has gone on this long.

Considering the thread title and the long history of this subject, I am not surprised at all. However, given the near unanimous views on RAH, this thread may be the last one on the forum for a while.

it bring a bit of a chuckle to my day...

I wonder if it can be used in a business ethics or business 101 course..

:mad: Adding to the list.

On 9/27/16 I purchased the following online, through his store. Paid via PayPal (Not a small order)
1x H170-14
1x H178-L
1x H268-M
1x I200-M
1x J1299-P
1x J460-L
1x J510-M
1x J570-M
1x K1050-P
1x K1103X-L
1x K456-L
1x K540-L
2x H148-M
2x H210-M
2x I327-L
2X J340-L
2X K1100-L

Called a few days after I placed the order as I found it odd that I did not get an order confirmation. He answerd the phone and stated he received my order and will take 2 weeks.

No contatct since then. Paid through PayPal and claim filed.

Called for the past two days to ask about my order, and also sent an E-mail. No response!

No excuses its been over 30 days! And have not received a single part of my order.

Dave if you stroll through this form and read this, do the right thing. Issue me a full refund and stop taking orders from others. Its not right! Cut and dry.

Wow, quite the order!

This (the thread, not the posted order) makes me think.. What is the Paypal's policy when a vendor starts to get multiple complaints / claims against him...

that what I expect, but after how long.. how many complaints over a period of time? Over a percentage of orders placed? a combination of the two? after a trend of a certain decline?

Wow this thread inflated like a balloon. Interesting to see so many people have had issues with him as well.
A few key questions have been asked over and over and kinda/sorta answered by various people here and I will take a stab at them as well

1- Most rocketeers are also forum users, so why do people keep getting bitten by Dave's practices without reading these poor reviews first?

well, in my case, there wasnt a big thread at the top of the vendor reviews about him, and I didnt even really think to search for red arrow in the threads, before ordering from him, given in the past i had had good service. This was entirely my bad, and could have prevented my entire run in here. But as consumers, most dont usually expect to have bad service like that, or atleast with something of that level of significance (when you make minimum wage, 98mm commercial motor prices are insanely significant expenditures. ) . So in other words - I learned a big lesson. When youre gonna buy something, always do some searching around first and get the scoop on the seller. But I have a feeling most casual buyers wont think to look at the forum first and will still end up in our boat.

2- Why is Dave not in jail?

I feel like no one wants to press legal charges against him. But my question is, why hasnt PayPal suspended his business license or stacked up heavy fines on him by now? Theyve got to have so many disputes on him by now..

3- Should we really be bashing on Dave given other possible background things going on in his life that we are unaware of?

Yes, because he still runs a business and still advertises product, and still steals, continuously. Generally if you have a really good vendor that runs in to sudden family issues or whatever, and they cant fulfill orders or their business comes to a halt, you can cut them some slack if they make solid attempts to make things right, and then life moves on. Dave however, runs a continuously shitty business while he sits and plays politics on facebook all day. Clearly the man knows how to work a computer, so the fact that he ignores customers contact requests and fails to update his stock on his website allowing this crap to keep happening, is inexcusable.

Plain and simple, if you cant run a business, dont run a business.

4- Arent these practices a Ponzi Scheme?

Yes, they absolutely are. What he is doing is completely illegal, and immoral.
----------------

Sorry to see that so many others of you have gotten bit as well. I dont necessarily want Dave to face any legal consequences. But he ought to have his business abilities taken away for all this. It seems this has gone on for many years and alot of people have been affected, and will continue to be affected. And its a real shame. Normally im a super chill and forgiving person but what Dave is doing is completley wrong.
I think the stick that breaks it for me is the fact that he posts political bullshit all day long on facebook, meanwhile we're all over here wondering where the hell our money went and why Dave wont reply to us...

Hello Steven, sorry to hear you had a completely different experience with your Saturn V kit that I had. I just purchased this kit from RAH this last August. I thought it was a pretty nice kit. I had very detailed instructions included in my kit. My Apollo module, LES, fin shrouds, and really all the resin castings seem to be quite good quality and detailed. I thought I would pass this on in case it may be helpful, the resin shrouds ( and other resin parts) can get a little warped from transit and storage, but can be easily made to fit by applying a little heat (hot water, heat gun, or microwave for a few seconds). Some decals and wraps need to be cut or trimmed a little, but this usually is common in many scale kits I've put together. All in all I think it is a very nice detailed well thought out kit, the only changes I would make is to use FW fiberglass for the airframe tubes and motor tubes, and G10 for the fins and centering rings instead of the plywood in case it lands on wet ground, snow mud, or a puddle, but I'm sure would add some cost and I'm just a fiberglass type guy, but the kit description and photos look exactly like what I received. Good luck on your build.

Look at my build of this kit in the mid power section if you haven't already. You'll find all of the maladies I listed in this section. Look at the resin pieces I purchased from another vendor and compare them to RAH's pieces. You'll see a marked difference. The CM would NOT fit in the SM tube! THAT pissed me off! I straightened out the warped fin shrouds by using a heat gun yet were still too warped for fitting properly AND having proper fin alignment. The fact that you feel you got a decent kit while I got a poor one will not negate the fact that at best, his practices and service are hit and miss at best.

Look at my build of this kit in the mid power section if you haven't already. You'll find all of the maladies I listed in this section. Look at the resin pieces I purchased from another vendor and compare them to RAH's pieces. You'll see a marked difference. The CM would NOT fit in the SM tube! THAT pissed me off! I straightened out the warped fin shrouds by using a heat gun yet were still too warped for fitting properly AND having proper fin alignment. The fact that you feel you got a decent kit while I got a poor one will not negate the fact that at best, his practices and service are hit and miss at best.

Dave doesn't manufacturer the kits therefore he's not to blame.
Different issue here.

No eyes were ever layer upon your kit, that's sad as well.
We all work hard for our money, we understand your point of view.

Just another way to get burned...

I got an "out of service" message when I called him. turns out he was "out of cellular range" for a few days..

No, I called a few months ago.. If I recall, he was "out in the sticks" somewhere.. He had a valid sounding excuse..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back