Circumcise or not to circumcise our infant.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok... It's morning here now... I've had time to rest, and collect more of my thoughts.

Again to the numbers thing... What is the proper number of deaths, and injuries, that should be allowed for a procedure that removes a normal, healthy, and uninjured portion of another human being's anatomy, without their informed consent?

What other procedure is done to remove a portion of another person's normal, healthy, and uninjured body? If there is such a procedure... How is this ethical? How does it not violate a patient's rights, nor violate the Hippocratic Oath:
I will keep them from harm and injustice.​

What can be more harmful and unjust than the procedure that removes a part of the most innocent and vulnerable of people? A person who is incapable of defending himself from harm? If it doesn't do harm, and isn't painful, why must the infant be strapped down? If it doesn't hurt, why does he scream until he has no voice?

I wonder what the rate of circumcision would be if parents were REQUIRED to be present while the procedure is being done. To witness what is happening to their child. I'm not talking about the traditional bris that is done, I'm talking about being in a surgical room, masks, gloves, the whole kit.

The modern procedure is nothing like the procedure done (for religious reasons) at the beginning of the common era. Back then, it would be difficult to recognize who had been circumcised, and who had not. Do you think that Michelangelo didn't know that David would have been circumcised? Do you think that had a circumcised male looked like what they do now, that David's penis would look like it does in that sculpture?

Perhaps someone with a medical degree would like to describe the procedure. I say medical degree, so that way they can't be dismissed as a "what do you know about it? You, for skin crackpot".

Perhaps if more physicians who don't believe it is beneficial were to stand up for their belief and refuse to do the procedure without a medical need we wouldn't be having this discussion. Oh, yeah, I forgot... It's a paycheck.

Last edited:
I'm punching out on this one.

K'Tesh, I understand your feelings on this. But it is not a crusade level problem.

Children do not get a choice to get vaccinated Parents have to do that. It has risks. It kills kids. I still shoot all mine up. Thats a choice we make. There are a million choices parents must make. Inferring children have a right to make those, or that parents have no right to choose for their child is absurd.

The info is out there, People have a right to decide. Thats America. I'm totally against it myself. And if asked, I say why. But I'd never take the right of choice away from anyone else.

It is hard to decribe the procedure. There are 3 techniques I have used in babies and at least one for adults/adolescents/children. The older group's technique is more complicated and the *procedures only share a common name. The older group also has a higher complication rate.

Just like having your tonsils removed, the procedure is more risky as you get older.

Ok... It's morning here now... I've had time to rest, and collect more of my thoughts.

Again to the numbers thing... What is the proper number of deaths, and injuries, that should be allowed for a procedure that removes a normal, healthy, and uninjured portion of another human being's anatomy, without their informed consent?

What other procedure is done to remove a portion of another person's normal, healthy, and uninjured body? If there is such a procedure... How is this ethical? How does it not violate a patient's rights, nor violate the Hippocratic Oath:
I will keep them from harm and injustice.​

What can be more harmful and unjust than the procedure that removes a part of the most innocent and vulnerable of people? A person who is incapable of defending himself from harm? If it doesn't do harm, and isn't painful, why must the infant be strapped down? If it doesn't hurt, why does he scream until he has no voice?

I wonder what the rate of circumcision would be if parents were REQUIRED to be present while the procedure is being done. To witness what is happening to their child. I'm not talking about the traditional bris that is done, I'm talking about being in a surgical room, masks, gloves, the whole kit.

The modern procedure is nothing like the procedure done (for religious reasons) at the beginning of the common era. Back then, it would be difficult to recognize who had been circumcised, and who had not. Do you think that Michelangelo didn't know that David would have been circumcised? Do you think that had a circumcised male looked like what they do now, that David's penis would look like it does in that sculpture?

Perhaps someone with a medical degree would like to describe the procedure. I say medical degree, so that way they can't be dismissed as a "what do you know about it? You, for skin crackpot".

Perhaps if more physicians who don't believe it is beneficial were to stand up for their belief and refuse to do the procedure without a medical need we wouldn't be having this discussion. Oh, yeah, I forgot... It's a paycheck.

I know it's been 61 years, but I don't remember anything about having it done!!

Seriously, when contemplating having my son done, the only question I was asked by the medical staff was, "How do you want him to look?" I don't think, in this day and age, that there are any solid medical necessities involved. Most dads want their son to look like they look.

As for being forced to be in the room, I remember when my daughter, who is EXTREMELY SENSITIVE, had to get her first blood test. I will NEVER forget how that child screamed and hollered as she got the heal of her foot skewered. But it was necessary, and she doesn't remember it.

And my son, who also doesn't remember it, will not be confused as he grows up, wondering why he looks so different from daddy.

And my son, who also doesn't remember it, will not be confused as he grows up, wondering why he looks so different from daddy.

This one always confuses me.... as multiple women have been unable to identify my status....and I actually had one tell me I was wrong, lol.

This one always confuses me.... as multiple women have been unable to identify my status....and I actually had one tell me I was wrong, lol.

Unless you want to get together and compare some time, all I can say is :confused2:
:lol:

5888_110105283054_623908054_2930917_3482395_n.jpg

I don't know about all of these guys worrying about Jr. being confused by dad's equipment... Do that many men walk naked around their kids these days?

At 17, my dad was beginning to bald... I was born 4 years later, and I wasn't confused by the lack of hair on his head (Vietnam probably helped speed his retreating follicles). As to his penis... To my knowledge, I only saw it once. I was four years old or so. It was night, and I woke up needing to pee. I walked in on him doing the same. The only thing that I remember thinking to myself was how I stunned I was about how huge his was compared to mine.

If I am ever so blessed as to someday have a son, and the question comes up (hopefully by then I'll be finished restoring), Here's a few things I can say...

If we were meant to have a foreskin, we'd have been born with it.

Or

You were made in God's image. We didn't think we could improve on that by cutting off any part of you.​

About the dead horse thing...

At least one other father-to-be has found information here that will can help him make a better informed decision. I don't know what he's decided, or if he's decided anything at all yet. But there's still others who may gain from this discussion.

Oh... Here's news about a new study published in the British Journal of Urology International

https://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/03/prweb512999.htm

A new study in the British Journal of Urology International shows that men with normal, intact penises enjoy more sexual sensitivity — as much as four times more — than those who have been circumcised. Circumcising slices off more of a male's sensitivity than is normally present in all ten fingertips.

Last edited:
I'm curious how they do circumcision nowadays, a while back I was reading about it, and with infants it seemed pretty brutal. They basically opined that it was too risky to give infants anesthesia for the procedure, so they just clamped the baby down and cut off the foreskin, while the baby on the video was screaming its head off.

It might be worth asking about.

Unless you get phimosis. I have several people who had to get a circ later in life for this.

Yes, phimosis is an actual condition. Yes, that could lead one to possibly need the procedure, if the nonsurgical methods don't work.

But

I wouldn't be circumcising my hypothetical son's genitals, just like I wouldn't be having his appendix, or tonsils taken out, just because there's a chance of a problem later. If it's normal, healthy and uninjured, you wash it like you would your fingers, and deal with problems IF they arise.

Last edited:
Back