fyrfytr310's Level 3 - Polecat 10" Nike Smoke

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to try again tomorrow on the main. After consult, I need to see the main fully eject.

Thank's very much,i'm going to try
that when i finish my rocket, large
Phoenix i'm building should be finished in a week. thanks fyrfytr310'.looking forward to seeing your's going up. regards jonno.:)

I'm putting larger canisters on for the main. Absolutely maxed on BP, I got a just-ok result. This leaves me with no room to have a stronger backup charge.

Raw stock ordered and being delivered to the machine shop tomorrow.

I'll focus on surface prep until the new ones come in.

I'm putting larger canisters on for the main. Absolutely maxed on BP, I got a just-ok result. This leaves me with no room to have a stronger backup charge.

Raw stock ordered and being delivered to the machine shop tomorrow.

I'll focus on surface prep until the new ones come in.

You may want to try it with a longer canister. If you are maxing out your canisters I would be willing to bet you are dispersing some of the powder before complete burn through (unless you have a sizable burst disk on there).

The painting process is well under way. The finish on this thing will be what it is. It won't be my best work. Not by a long shot. But it will look great on the pad lol.

Mobius camera is in hand and tested. Set to record on powerup.

I am getting around to my mobius cameras and have a question for you regarding this. Is your record on powerup set to when you hit the power button on the mobius or when you switch the internal battery to on (assuming you put a switch on the positive battery line)?

2 days out from launch! Data capture and pre-flight checklist submitted to TAPs and approval has been received.

Final mods to rocket:

-Lengthened shock cords. I didn't like how quickly the drogue cord was maxed during testing.

-Camera shroud installed.

Best of luck Mike. You going to be launching out in the cold? Longer harnesses are good but be certain your charges get it out to near max length to avoid tangling the main. I take it you're using a blanket as a chute protector?
If so that's a good idea unless you have a deployment bag system you're absolutely certain the chute will get out of the bag. Kurt

Best of luck Mike. You going to be launching out in the cold? Longer harnesses are good but be certain your charges get it out to near max length to avoid tangling the main. I take it you're using a blanket as a chute protector?
If so that's a good idea unless you have a deployment bag system you're absolutely certain the chute will get out of the bag. Kurt

Yup. Blankets only.

You might want to consider crocheting your shock cord. That way it's condensed into a thicker but shorter line that packs without tangling as easily. It also helps absorb some shock (as the loops get pulled out) and the loops only pull out when (slight) stress is applied, so excess cord should stay condensed, depending on how small the loops are. Depending on your shock cord, loops with 3-6 times the diameter of the cord should work.

I'm assuming, possibly incorrectly, that the shock cord is Kevlar.

Also, I don't know how or if it works on high power.

I call it a daisy chain, but do this with high power parachute lines all the time. With the larger material used in high power rockets you don't need a crochet hook to tie it like that; you can do it with just your fingers. Most people I know Z-fold and tape or rubber band their shock cord if they do anything special at all other than trying to be neat about packing it.

Motor is assembled! All we need now is the cameras to function and a little luck!

Back