....A Sad State Of Affairs.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IBTL... just further proves that this Hobby is not for everyone. There are general rules to follow or standards (common sense) outside of the written ones, to protect everyone and the hobby. It takes a few people with irresponsible or blatant disregard, to ruin alot of things real quick. All becuase you want to be a cowboy about everything? Now if you are willing to learn from bad ideas and improve your interactions within the hobby and understand a few things, none of us would be having this discussion.

/rant

IBTL... just further proves that -the Internet- is not for everyone.

Fixed that for you.

Jumping into a new community, posting something questionable, getting some (mild!) disapproval and responding with a hissy fit and screaming TROLL in all caps in every direction? Temperament not well suited for Internet discourse.

Thanks for the kind words. This will be my fifth TURBT bladder surgery since 2008 when I was first diagnosed with these nasty bastards as well as prostate cancer. My prostate was "fixed" with radioactive iodine seed implants and external beam therapy. But also having type II diabetes and high blood pressure balance everything out and keep several pharmacies from going broke. Today's procedure is set for 4:15 this afternoon and I should be out of the hospital around 8:00 PM.

How's this for hijacking a thread? :wink:

Thanks for the kind words. This will be my fifth TURBT bladder surgery since 2008 when I was first diagnosed with these nasty bastards as well as prostate cancer. My prostate was "fixed" with radioactive iodine seed implants and external beam therapy. But also having type II diabetes and high blood pressure balance everything out and keep several pharmacies from going broke. Today's procedure is set for 4:15 this afternoon and I should be out of the hospital around 8:00 PM.

Good luck Ted, does not sound like a party.

So thoroughly hijacked that we are only a Steve Seagal away from another Under Siege movie.

Can't think of a better thread to hijack. You take care. My wife, the ICU nurse, said you need to tell 'em to practice medicine on somebody else now.

Well, at least it quit raining for awhile. :clap:

Oh gee thanks, that means i get to stay till god knows when on a Friday night because all the survey field crews that have been sidetracked (keeping with the secondary train theme) while the rain fell have submitted there work for drafting. I hope they fill your bedpan with with LO2 :p

Hope things go well for you, your crew quarters at the New Cantina need substance. You'll have to sign in to see it though.

Bernie

Well kids, Uncle Ted has lived to tell another unbelievable story yet again. Rather than start another thread I'll just post it here on this one that I hijacked ten days ago.

My surgery went very well and I am healing much quicker and better than I did from my December procedure which was rough to say the least. This morning I got a call from my urologist's office and was informed that the pathologists report found no cancer cells in the tissue that was examining. just calcified debris from the earlier operation. Lord willing I won't have a recurrence but I must continue with periodic examinations lest "the weeds" start to return.

So today was beautiful outside and I went to the shop to build some fin jigs. While some glue was drying I decided to run the push mower around the area as the grass had gotten out of hand during all the rain. On the second or third pass I looked down near my future burn barrel and there it was, a two foot long copperhead snake! Now I actually appreciate the work that snakes do in controlling the rodents but this one displayed a bad attitude. It coiled up and made a strike in my direction, baring it's fangs. Bad move. I retreated to my shop and located my trusty ax. One swing, one kill.

Looks like now I'll have to get some rat traps.

IMG_1330.jpg

......One, two! One, two! and through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.
( Jabberwocky ,Lewis Caroll )

Sorry but this was the first thing I thought of.

I'm glad you saw him first.

Last edited:
Well kids, Uncle Ted has lived to tell another unbelievable story yet again. Rather than start another thread I'll just post it here on this one that I hijacked ten days ago.

My surgery went very well and I am healing much quicker and better than I did from my December procedure which was rough to say the least. This morning I got a call from my urologist's office and was informed that the pathologists report found no cancer cells in the tissue that was examining. just calcified debris from the earlier operation. Lord willing I won't have a recurrence but I must continue with periodic examinations lest "the weeds" start to return.

So today was beautiful outside and I went to the shop to build some fin jigs. While some glue was drying I decided to run the push mower around the area as the grass had gotten out of hand during all the rain. On the second or third pass I looked down near my future burn barrel and there it was, a two foot long copperhead snake! Now I actually appreciate the work that snakes do in controlling the rodents but this one displayed a bad attitude. It coiled up and made a strike in my direction, baring it's fangs. Bad move. I retreated to my shop and located my trusty ax. One swing, one kill.

View attachment 290027

Ted, glad you avoided the snake.

There's no way to describe how much I hate seeing snakes:mad: (pictures of them too.)
Glad you did well in the hospital.

...It coiled up and made a strike in my direction, baring it's fangs. Bad move. I retreated to my shop and located my trusty ax. One swing, one kill...

View attachment 290027

Some here would wet themselves...

But not you, you sir are an...

Absolute BadAss...

It appears that you...

Will have to add...

"Snake Slayer" to...

Your repertoire...:cool:

View attachment 290027

Ted Macklin, aka Copperhead Slayer of the First Order, glad you prevailed and glad to hear you're up and about again.

I certainly would not tolerate any vipers in my yard. Black snakes, garter snakes? Sure. Line is drawn at rattlers and copperheads.

I'm glad you showed the picture, because otherwise I would have thought you wasted a perfectly good Aerotech igniter.

I was pretty darn lucky for sure. That rascal must have been laying in the grass and moved into the open when I disturbed it. Before I actually started mowing, I picked up some junk that was laying in the grass which would have thrown shrapnel all over the place if not removed. Next time, I'll use the hard rake first. This was a heads up for me and I hope others will pay heed. These things are quite commonly encountered this time of year even in urban areas. :y:

I was pretty darn lucky for sure. That rascal must have been laying in the grass and moved into the open when I disturbed it. Before I actually started mowing, I picked up some junk that was laying in the grass which would have thrown shrapnel all over the place if not removed. Next time, I'll use the hard rake first. This was a heads up for me and I hope others will pay heed. These things are quite commonly encountered this time of year even in urban areas. :y:

Good idea about the rake. I think the fact the snake was pretty aggressive is bad ju-ju and good idea to dispatch it. One needs to be careful because of the slow metabolism they can still be deadly 30 minutes after what was a fatal blow.
Heard a chef was killed by a spitting cobra 20 minutes after that head was lopped off the snake.

I had a black snake come up behind me in a totally relaxed manner and uncoiled. Head was up in the air and I came closer talking to it and by golly he/just seemed interested and showed no aggression. When I was close enough I grabbed the snake and it coiled around my arm and didn't squeeze or struggle. Showed the snake to my wife who had one heck of a conniption. Even relaxed my grip and it stayed passive. Took 'em outside and let him/her go back to where he/she came from.

Not the same with other snakes. Had to use a garden rake to herd a garter snake out of my shed. That little guy was hissing and striking at me. I still like the fact they get vermin so used the rake to guide it to the door and it beat a hasty retreat outside. These guys were non-poisonous of course. Kurt

Back