Rockets at Target

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackball74

Reaction score
Just saw an Estes Journey starter kit and engines at my local store. First time for this area.

Hmm, having rockets at Target (sounds like there's a joke in there somewhere) could attract an entirely new group of enthusiasts. More is better.

They used to carry them. I bought estes motors there on clearance 5 or 6 years ago. Same with Walmart and KMart. Anything from $1 to $4 a pack. Restocked newer ones never went on clearance.

In So Cal the Targets had them seasonally and the Wal-marts had them on and off - sometimes seasonally.

We shall see what appears. nothing there a few weeks ago in either store that I visited. I'll hit several locations over the next few weeks as I always have shopping to do and there are MANY locations between home and work.

Sorry - never realized my location wasn't posted. It was the Target on San Jose in Jacksonville, FL. Our Wal-Marts have had them for a good while, but never Target.

Around here (North Central NJ) Walmart & Target used to have them but not for a few years now. Michaels still has some motors and RTF rockets but that's it.

Glenn

Target in Bridgeton in St Louis had some B6 and C6 motor packs on sale for $9 reg $10 last week IIRC.

I guess they come and go. My local target had a very limited supply of RTF kits and motor packs a couple years ago, and then they went away. My Target is right next door to my Hobby Lobby, so if I want Estes supplies I can go there.

A couple years ago I saw an Alpha III starter set at Target, so "I bought it for my son." That was the beginning of the BAR journey for me.

Hobby Lobby has a lot of kits and engines thru F-15. If I had seen an F motor as a kid I wouldn't be a BAR.

The Walmart in Midland, MI has has their Estes items on clearance since last Fall. Right now they have A8-3, B6-4, and D12-0 motor packs for $7 each. I was able to obtain a fin-can BT-60 size stage unit for a dollar.

Back