Special Thanks to MissileWorks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlnessW

Reaction score
I wanted to give a special thanks to Jim Amos (aka MWC) of MissileWorks. I currently own a pair of RRC3's and an RRC2+. I met him a few years ago at BALLS, along with the rest of his Colorado contingent.

A few days before I left for BALLS 24 last year, I went to program an RRC3 using a PerfectFlite DT2U data transfer kit + MissileWorks adapter. When I tried to get the altimeter to communicate, I accidentally "bricked" the microcontroller which basically renders the device useless. (It wouldn't power up.) So I talked to Jim via phone and he had indeed heard of this problem before from a small handful of other flyers. Apparently it has something to do with 12V running through one of the data lines. After the launch, I shipped him the altimeter of which he was able to re-flash and test, at which point it was working perfectly.

Perhaps I thought that was it...but several months later I managed to do that exact same damage even with following the procedure Jim sent me. :facepalm: Frustrated, I called Jim's main office number around 8:30 PM Mountain Time, fully expecting to leave a message. To my surprise, he picked up, greeted me by name, and said something along the lines of "I don't answer after-hours to just anyone." :) Wow! Talk about top-notch service. Wanting to fully put an end to my dilemma, he once again fixed up my bad unit and offered to ship me a FREE MissileWorks USBIO kit. (So I wouldn't have to use the PerfectFlite one anymore.) This indeed had me shipshape in no time.

I highly recommend Jim's products and service - again, really can't be beat. Thanks again Jim for your assistance!

I wanted to give a special thanks to Jim Amos (aka MWC) of MissileWorks. I currently own a pair of RRC3's and an RRC2+. I met him a few years ago at BALLS, along with the rest of his Colorado contingent.

A few days before I left for BALLS 24 last year, I went to program an RRC3 using a PerfectFlite DT2U data transfer kit + MissileWorks adapter. When I tried to get the altimeter to communicate, I accidentally "bricked" the microcontroller which basically renders the device useless. (It wouldn't power up.) So I talked to Jim via phone and he had indeed heard of this problem before from a small handful of other flyers. Apparently it has something to do with 12V running through one of the data lines. After the launch, I shipped him the altimeter of which he was able to re-flash and test, at which point it was working perfectly.

Perhaps I thought that was it...but several months later I managed to do that exact same damage even with following the procedure Jim sent me. :facepalm: Frustrated, I called Jim's main office number around 8:30 PM Mountain Time, fully expecting to leave a message. To my surprise, he picked up, greeted me by name, and said something along the lines of "I don't answer after-hours to just anyone." :) Wow! Talk about top-notch service. Wanting to fully put an end to my dilemma, he once again fixed up my bad unit and offered to ship me a FREE MissileWorks USBIO kit. (So I wouldn't have to use the PerfectFlite one anymore.) This indeed had me shipshape in no time.

I highly recommend Jim's products and service - again, really can't be beat. Thanks again Jim for your assistance!

+1 for sure!

Yep, impeccable service!

We purchased two RRC3s, an LCD Screen, a USB dongle, and various bits and pieces for our school project (an upscale Dragonfly). Jim was great to work with, to be sure. After couple of emails and a phone call we were set to go. It turned out that there was a problem with the address (a typo) and I had a phone call back within a few minutes from Jim to correct it. I think the total time from first correspondence to delivery was less than 72 hours, including shipping from Colorado to Oregon.

One of the things that I love about rocketry is that vendors actually try to earn and retain your business. It's like the old days of proprietor-managed businesses. Not some guy in a suit, sitting at a desk, collecting revenue while some high school kid tries to run the business on minimum wage.

I've only flown missileworks products and don't plan on changing any time soon... Finally bought some decals for the range box, too...

One of the things that I love about rocketry is that vendors actually try to earn and retain your business. It's like the old days of proprietor-managed businesses. Not some guy in a suit, sitting at a desk, collecting revenue while some high school kid tries to run the business on minimum wage.

This was my plan when I started the business. I want to earn your business.

Back