Putting This on My List of Builds to Do in 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccordmw

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ooh. This is a beautiful design. I've got the perfect tube for the main body. Not sure how to do the air scoop, though. Thinking a mid-to-late 2016 build for it. Canted motors are sexy!

Anyone built this? It's a SAAB RBS15 Mk3 SSM anti-ship missile.

ka_lfm2.jpg

Ooh. This is a beautiful design. I've got the perfect tube for the main body. Not sure how to do the air scoop, though. Thinking a mid-to-late 2016 build for it. Canted motors are sexy!

Anyone built this? It's a SAAB RBS15 Mk3 SSM anti-ship missile.

View attachment 281253

You wouldn't have some dimensioned scale data to share would you, that is a neat looking rocket.

It looks like it has fins on the aft section that will pop out once it gets going. The orange thingies, see them folded over left of the intake

A quick ork file. I can keep this a simple build and pop out two small chutes from the side boosters through a paper bulkhead using Aerotech DMS motors. Can't do side ram air scoops in ork (that I've figured out, anyway), but this is close. Sims to 690m on 2 x Aerotech F26FJ motors. Probably not that high since OpenRocket doesn't calculate side tubes properly.

Would scale well with an ebay up front, drogues in the sides, and a main chute out the nose. Neat configuration to think about.

2016-02-01 14_24_59-Greenshot capture form.jpg

Attachments

• SAAB.ork
    2.4 KB · Views: 31
[video=youtube;JwIv_YcwbOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwIv_YcwbOU[/video]

The fins are pretty obvious in that video. Hard to see in the stills.

I suggest you launch vertically. :fly: :smile:

Back