Adept DDCS2 Capacitor Specs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianwh

Reaction score
Anybody happen to have an Adept DDCS2 laying around? I just pulled one out of the bin from a decade ago and the capacitor came off. I'm hoping to get the specs (voltage and capacity) of the big capacitor on the top.

All of the photos I could find online are from the wrong angle!

I wonder if they are still in business, I put in an order for a couple connectors but their website hasn't been touched in a few years. We'll see!

Thanks!
Brian

Go to website.
Find phone #.
Call Tommy, he will answer immediately or call back.

He comes to our launches, I assure you his site is up to date & still doing buzz!

Unfortunately all I can see is the voltage. If you know of some way I can pull capacitance off with a multi-meter let me know. I think technically as long as you match the voltage you can just get the biggest capacitor that fits the physical dimensions right?

IMG_2213.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if you should use a bigger capacitor (uf) than whats required. I believe that if you were to use a larger capacitor (uf) it may do some damage to the circuitry. With that being said, I would just give Tommy at Adept a call or email him. He is super friendly and his service is impeccable.
https://www.adeptrocketry.com/ordering.htm

Unfortunately all I can see is the voltage. If you know of some way I can pull capacitance off with a multi-meter let me know. I think technically as long as you match the voltage you can just get the biggest capacitor that fits the physical dimensions right?

View attachment 277136

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses! No worries I'll contact adept and get a replacement.

Update: Tommy at Adept got back to me within an hour of emailing and is sending one along with my order of cables. Cool! Looks like it's 10v based on the helpful picture above and 3300 microfarads based on the email I received.

Last edited:
Back