Rocketeers getting too sensitive?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alethins

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been looking at a fee threads and reading the replies... It seems this hobby has adopted the PC movement and the people in it are too sensitive... An example would be at a launch... A buddy cracjed a joke about a "safety" rule all in fun and one of the younger guys maybe 18 said "we shouldnt come to the launches anymore because its rude to make fun of rules people made"... First off his comment made no sense and didnt contribute to anything... Next I'd love to hear what he, and others would say about what I say and joke about on a regular basis... LOL... Any stories you guys have?

Hey guys I've been looking at a fee threads and reading the replies... It seems this hobby has adopted the PC movement and the people in it are too sensitive... An example would be at a launch... A buddy cracjed a joke about a "safety" rule all in fun and one of the younger guys maybe 18 said "we shouldnt come to the launches anymore because its rude to make fun of rules people made"... First off his comment made no sense and didnt contribute to anything... Next I'd love to hear what he, and others would say about what I say and joke about on a regular basis... LOL... Any stories you guys have?

What are you talking about, why are you saying people are too sensitive, what's your deal! :wink:

I've got lots of stories about people getting all offended, bent out of shape, and annoyed enough that they publicly whine and complain about people getting offended, bent out of shape, and annoyed about things.

(hint: those of you who are SO put-off by people who you deem as "PC" might think about this).

s6

This is just not the time to bring this up. Safety should be taken seriously.

Without knowing the joke, it's hard to tell if this was a poor taste joke, or funny.

I typically tell people to screw off on PC. But at the moment.... I think we should all just sit back and review what we can do to make our launches safer, without getting crazy and building bunkers.

I've got lots of stories about people getting all offended, bent out of shape, and annoyed enough that they publicly whine and complain about people getting offended, bent out of shape, and annoyed about things.

(hint: those of you who are SO put-off by people who you deem as "PC" might think about this).

s6

I understand what your comment is getting at, but it might be a bit inaccurate in this case.

Diz it was a joke about fin attatchment...

This is just not the time to bring this up. Safety should be taken seriously.

Yup. I deleted a few post that tried to make humor of the death reported today. Just don't do it.

What are you talking about, why are you saying people are too sensitive, what's your deal! :wink:

I just want some stories that I can get a good laugh out of... Work sucked today hahaha!

Yup. I deleted a few post that tried to make humor of the death reported today. Just don't do it.

Thank you. I know I'm toeing the line on speculation, but there's no humor here.

Need a laugh, go over to 4chan and giggle at their stupidity.

I'm not refering to that thread at all... This thread has nothing to do with the thread of the scout leader..

The comments here disturb me. Grow up.

My failure at poor pc humor.

6a00cd97849730f9cc00d09e7a3facbe2b-500pi.gif

We're in the age of offence it's like a hobby all of its own. My wife's university tried to throw a Hawaii themed dance so they put up posters of a classic grass skirt Hawaiian dancer on a beach. People got so offended and said it was racist that the university had to change all the posters and the name of the dance to "tropical night".

We're in the age of offence it's like a hobby all of its own. My wife's university tried to throw a Hawaii themed dance so they put up posters of a classic grass skirt Hawaiian dancer on a beach. People got so offended and said it was racist that the university had to change all the posters and the name of the dance to "tropical night".

I don't see the racism there. It's not even culturally offensive. But then again, it is a university and those young minds must be developed according to whatever is the current trend of the times.

Jerry Seinfeld says that he does not like doing comedy at universities anymore because the students think that everything is racist.

I was talking to a colleague in another department from our university. I mentioned how we had too many yellows, he said his department had too many blacks, I said perhaps we could do a trade. Someone warned that we may want to keep our voices down in case one of our foreign students overheard the conversation and there was a complaint about racism.

We were talking about laser printer toners. :lol:

Uconn had a protest yesterday because someone (a student) put something offensive on the door of a Muslim student.

So basically they protested themselves, and wanted the University to do something about it.
The University should protect the students from themselves.
I don't understand why they didn't do something "solidarity" that would ostracize fellow students who do these things, which by the way, are expressly forbidden in the student handbook

Perhaps the administration should, say, take away all the writing implements?

Maybe I got it wrong, maybe I need to be more PC.

Or maybe as Dale Ernhardt said, someone needs to "wrap a couple of kerosene soaked rags on their legs so the ants won't eat their candy *** "

Last edited:
Hey Alethins,

It's not just rocketeers...

Welcome to the age of the perpetually offended...

It is ubiquitous, omnipresent for those of you in Rio Linda...

Saul Alinsky would be proud, see "Cloward Piven Strategy"...

We are on the fast track to a...

POLICE STATE

I'm sure this post will butt hurt some here...

So be it...

It is the truth...

I was talking to a colleague in another department from our university. I mentioned how we had too many yellows, he said his department had too many blacks, I said perhaps we could do a trade. Someone warned that we may want to keep our voices down in case one of our foreign students overheard the conversation and there was a complaint about racism.

We were talking about laser printer toners. :lol:

Hahaha!!!! Wow!

It's an everyday occurrence at work for a normal conversation to either turn very sexual (jokingly of course) or very dark... Thats the world of EMS for you!

I think the word "racism" is thrown around too much... I'm also positive that most who throw it out dont know the difference between that and prejudice...

Isn't it interesting how PC has increased in our culture as Christianity has declined?

Sadly, I'm sure this post will offend someone and have to be deleted!

Hey Alethins,

It's not just rocketeers...

Welcome to the age of the perpetually offended...

It is ubiquitous, omnipresent for those of you in Rio Linda...

Saul Alinsky would be proud, see "Cloward Piven Strategy"...

We are on the fast track to a...

POLICE STATE

I'm sure this post will butt hurt some here...

So be it...

It is the truth...

Failure to recognize the enemies in our midst will be the end of this nation, and there are none so blind as those who refuse to see. I will not be silenced by the PC crowd who dominate this forum!

Alright going to get a little sensitive here and ask for just stories haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back