Titebond M&T vs. Elmer's for LP engine mount installation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've read enough to know that for installing an engine mount, it's good to use a strong, low-shrinkage, non-seizing glue... like Elmer's white glue. So I picked some up. Can't be bad to have around the house, right?

Before I use it, though, it occurred to me that I have something that (I think) fits those criteria already: Titebond M&T. Is there any reason I wouldn't want to use that for gluing an engine mount? I'm under the impression that it's less strong than the yellow glues, but I don't know how it compares to Elmer's.

Thoughts?

I think he meant use either one. Personally, I use either Elmer's yellow wood glue or Titebond yellow wood glue. They fall somewhere in between the two you mentioned. A little faster setting than white and a little slower than trim glue.Just remember, when you slide the mmt in, your committed. There's no moving it around. All of it sets pretty fast !!

Titebond M&T is great for fillets. Does not bubble or run (just what you want for your molding and trim as well as your fillets ... I'm a woodworker, too.)

If the M&T really sets faster than the regular Titebond (I don't really have a feel for it yet) then I might just go with the Elmer's. Anything that gives me a bit more margin for error is worth it for the $2+ the Elmer's costs.

If the M&T really sets faster than the regular Titebond (I don't really have a feel for it yet) then I might just go with the Elmer's. Anything that gives me a bit more margin for error is worth it for the $2+ the Elmer's costs.

Elmer's Glue-All (white glue) is fine for gluing in LPR and MPR mmts, its still stronger than the paper on paper bond, and very strong on a paper to wood bond, and it doesn't set as quick as any of the Titebonds.

Elmer's Glue-All (white glue) is fine for gluing in LPR and MPR mmts, its still stronger than the paper on paper bond, and very strong on a paper to wood bond, and it doesn't set as quick as any of the Titebonds.

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Somewhere there needs to be a big (!) glue database with all the properties of different glues, it's bewildering.

Back