Eggtimer Summer Build Season Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Since it's getting too hot to fly (at least out in the desert it is...), we're gonna have a sale for the Summer build season:

o Eggfinder LCD Starter Sets (Eggfinder transmitter + Eggfinder LCD Receiver) - $100 (regularly $120)
o Eggfinder TX GPS transmitters - $55 (regularly $70)
o Eggtimer TRS Starter Sets (Eggtimer TRS transmitter/flight computer + Eggfinder LCD receiver) - $120 (regularly $140)
o Eggtimer TRS GPS transmitter/flight computer - $75 (regularly $90)
o Eggtimer Flight Computer - $30 (regularly $35)
o Eggtimer Remote Switch - $14 (regularly $16)

This sale is good until 11:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday, June 30th. As usual, to order send an email to [email protected] . We have some stock, but don't be surprised if it takes a few days to ship if we run out while we reorder parts... we'll let you know if that's gonna happen.

Thanks for your continued support!

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

Last edited:
Oh... My... God... just got a work bonus, and this happens...

I will check, as I definitely like my eggfinder. If any money is left over after buying an M or two, I want something from you!!

Cris, thinking about the TRS starter set. I have a question- what kind of range can one expect from the transmitter?

Cris, thinking about the TRS starter set. I have a question- what kind of range can one expect from the transmitter?

It will depend on your antenna. With the wire antenna on BOTH sides, you'll get around 10,000'. Add a rubber duckie to the receiver, you'll get around 16,000'. With rubber duckies on both the transmitter and receiver, I've had reports of over 22,000'.

I fly with the wire antenna on the transmitter and a rubber duckie on the LCD receiver. This is what I recommend unless you're planning on going over 15,000'. BTW, these are ranges in the air; your ground range is going to be a lot lower, typically 1000' to 2000'. 900 MHz doesn't propagate well over land, but it works great in clear air. That's not a huge issue though, because you'll typically get packets up until right before landing, if you go to the last fix you'll either get a visual on the rocket or you'll get an updated fix which is the final resting place of your rocket.

I did until yesterday morning. I'm out of RF modules now, they take about 2-3 days, so an order placed today would go out Thursday or Friday.

I am going to preorder a Quark and something...

Kenny

I ordered two Ferengi's !

Kenny

ferengi_profit_by_aweswanky-d5du6p4.jpg

Just ordered a TRS kit. Whoo! I've been meaning to learn how to solder surface-mount for a while now anyway :)

Do you have recommendations on where to find specific SMA antennas and bluetooth modules to use?

Just ordered a TRS kit. Whoo! I've been meaning to learn how to solder surface-mount for a while now anyway :)

Do you have recommendations on where to find specific SMA antennas and bluetooth modules to use?

For the receiver (which is where I assume you're putting the RP-SMA connector) I recommend Linx Technologies ANT-916-CW-HW, they're about $12 from Mouser or DigiKey. If you decided to put an external antenna on the transmitter, I recommend ANT-916-CW-QW, it's about $9 from the same sources.

I'm going to extend the sale through Tuesday night, since it has been pointed out to me that some of you may be at LDRS and may not have Internet access. Don't know if the Ramada charges for it... Holiday Inn doesn't, but a lot of hotels do.

Back