Camden, SC: ROSCO Sport Launch: 13-14 August

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last weekend was Chuck's last hurrah, as our prefect,...before being sent to his new post.

I for one, would like to thank him for the last several years as our prefect. You have done an outstanding job & finally pushed the club into re-vamping our launch system.[Wilson FX] THAT alone was an amazing feat.
Rain or shine he made sure the launches happened.

I will miss you buddy! Most of all, those wacky experiments you're always in the middle of! He probably has more formulas for igniters than all of NASA.

So thank you for your service to our club & more importantly, thank you for your service to our country in these troubled times.
Good luck & best wishes on your new post from all of us.

Cj

Jim.

Thanks. I am going miss all of the rocketeers. I hope to return in 2 years. My second career is nearing an end and it is time to retire, but I have to stay for 3-5 more years.

Between you, CJ, and Tom Binford, I have learned more rocketry in 10 years of launches. I hope I can one day return all that I have learned to new members as they join us on the field.

Chuck

Looks like this thread is now, all about the continuing launches for Camden. So, Ken has August 13 & 14 calendared and I was wondering if there were any changes to that schedule. Is he, or is he not going to be there? Anyone know?

Ken is supposed to be there.

I want to apologize for the move of the launch in August. We had an equipment issue that needed repaired. The heat would not have allowed a launch if the launch had been in temperatures above 100+. The equipment has been corrected and will no longer be an issue.

I did set up for sparky motors for a trial. No one showed to fly. The weather was ideal to fly them.

We did have out first 4 research flights and all were successful and by the same flyer. Alan's motors are very reliable.

I want to thank everyone for a great 2.5 years as prefect. I enjoyed my time and look to be an active member of the club when I return from Texas.

Our next launch is a go: Camden, SC: ROSCO Sport Launch: 13-14 August

Back