Bill Spadafora

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On behalf of the CMASS Officers and the Spadafora family I would like to personally to thank all those who attended Bill's funeral yesterday.

Former NAR Presidents Mark "Bunny" Bundick and Aurthur "Trip" Barber, NAR Vice President and Chair of National Events John Hockheinmer, and NAR S&T Co-Chairmen Jack Kane and John Lyngdal together with more than 3 dozen CMASS, MMMSC and S&T members came to celebrate Bill's life, along with his family and many friends, in a standing room only service. It truly was a tribute to his kind and outgoing nature.

Bill continually maintained his NAR membership for 50+ years (number 10 in longevity). He and Jack Kane were members of the Minuteman Rocketry Club in the 60's and were charter members of CMASS 30 years ago. He ran NARTS from his basement for 15 years, attended most NARAMs over the last 25 years, all TARC finals except for this year, and all SLI competitions. During his 30 years with CMASS he was a true leader and an organizer of NSL 1995 and NARCON 2010 and the NEMROCs in the early 2000's.

After the services Bill's rocket buddies went to one of Bill's favorite restaurants, The Continental in Saugus, where Bill and his wife Debbie frequently enjoyed a Friday evening meal. There we all had a good meal, and dessert, and raised a glass to toast our departed friend.

I've attached a photograph I presented to his wife before the service. It was his avatar on TRF that I modified slightly. From a distance the photo is distinct but as you approach it goes out of focus. I think it's a fitting tribute to a great friend, sorely missed.

Bob

View attachment Bill Spadafora.pdf

It was so fitting that Bill was laid to rest wearing a CMASS shirt, along with a pair of channel lock pliers and a V2 model in WSMR pen stripe colors.
It captured his spirit simply and with elegance.

John

That is so awesome!

It was so fitting that Bill was laid to rest wearing a CMASS shirt, along with a pair of channel lock pliers and a V2 model in WSMR pen stripe colors.
It captured his spirit simply and with elegance.

John

Scott from the Maine Missile Math & Science Club also placed a sticker of the alternate club logo (see my avatar). When the Maine club was formed, John Buscaglia saw the MMMSC initials and gave it the name of Maine Missile Moose & Squirrel Club. Very soon after that email made the rounds, Bill put together a pdf of the alternate logo. Seemed right to make that part of the send off.

Bill was one of the very nicest people in rocketry. I'm so sorry to learn of this.
-LarryC

...Former NAR Presidents Mark "Bunny" Bundick and Aurthur "Trip" Barber, NAR Vice President and Chair of National Events John Hockheinmer, and NAR S&T Co-Chairmen Jack Kane and John Lyngdal together with more than 3 dozen CMASS, MMMSC and S&T members came to celebrate Bill's life, along with his family and many friends, in a standing room only service. It truly was a tribute to his kind and outgoing nature.

After the services Bill's rocket buddies went to one of Bill's favorite restaurants, The Continental in Saugus, where Bill and his wife Debbie frequently enjoyed a Friday evening meal. There we all had a good meal, and dessert, and raised a glass to toast our departed friend.

...Bob

Here is a picture of the NAR fellows and the part of the CMASS/MMMSC/S&T contingent that gathered at The Continental. Thanks to Dan Shea for the picture and his idea to have one of the sprier waitresses take the picture.

rocket 008.JPG

Thanks for posting this Kenn. I was thinking about you guys on Wednesday.

Back