AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McCann has Screech on the brain

I want 29/120 loads AND to have you fluff up the 38-120 line. I'd like to see a Fastjack and Blue.

The 38/120 seems primed for some nice non-hazmat loads. I'll put these on the list, thanks for the suggestions. You too dizwolf!

The 38/120 seems primed for some nice non-hazmat loads. I'll put these on the list, thanks for the suggestions. You too dizwolf!

Charlie, that sounds good. I like the 38/120 for first flights of relatively light rockets with 38mm mounts. In fact, I'm hoping that my RW Scarab 54 will launch this weekend at UROC on a G67R - maiden flight. I realize that it doesn't get as much love as some of the other sizes, but it's still got definite uses.

Please feel free to visit any of our handy, in-state launches any time you are free! Google maps says it's only 3 hours... :) Although, come to think of it, don't know how well attended this Saturday's launch is going to be. How about coming up when we start up again in the spring? We can get the word out about celebrity visits that way!

Last edited:
Charlie, that sounds good. I like the 38/120 for first flights of relatively light rockets with 38mm mounts. In fact, I'm hoping that my RW Scarab 54 will launch this weekend at UROC on a G67R - maiden flight. I realize that it doesn't get as much love as some of the other sizes, but it's still got definite uses.

Please feel free to visit any of our handy, in-state launches any time you are free! Google maps says it's only 3 hours... :) Although, come to think of it, don't know how well attended this Saturday's launch is going to be. How about coming up when we start up again in the spring? We can get the word out about celebrity visits that way!

UROC is on my personal to do list, I really want to get up there a few times a year at a minimum. I know you guys have a fun time up there at the salt flats and I want to get up there. Count me in for the spring launch, let me know which celebrity is going to be there! I may have some new loads to demo by then also :)

McCann has Screech on the brain

I want 29/120 loads AND to have you fluff up the 38-120 line. I'd like to see a Fastjack and Blue.

Awesome ideas....

Heh... my screech on the brain has me zero'd in on 38/1320 loads. A green, blue.... oh I'm so in.. And at least like, 3 other guys..... that's a market, right? If I didn't know how bad an idea it would be, I'd feed two J500's into one.

Hello Charlie,

Just curious if you missed this one or if I touched on something not really worth discussing. I realize that I do such at times.

The president of my club and I had a serious discussion two days ago. With AT working so hard on motor development, why not spend time on motor diversity?

We get the G77 & G79 as both RMS & LMS. We get the G77, G78, G79 & G80 as SU. What is preventing the G78 & G80 as RMS & LMS loads?

Granted, I haven't cracked a case and compared the grains, but the G80, at least, looks to be a 29/120 length motor.

Another thing we have all discussed in various threads and in person is case vs. color variety. Some people only fly by performance vs. rocket design. But some people just fly for the beautiful view. Those people want color options. Even if it affects performance a little, just having the color options in each case size would appeal to a large demographic.

Since the post, I've had several people talking about it at our launches. I attend four clubs here. So it's a fair cross-section that picked up on the conversation.

Hello Charlie,

Just curious if you missed this one or if I touched on something not really worth discussing. I realize that I do such at times.

Since the post, I've had several people talking about it at our launches. I attend four clubs here. So it's a fair cross-section that picked up on the conversation.

Looks like I overlooked this one, sorry about that. I will get with Karl and see what our options are but I believe it will have to do with the weight of the individual grains or something to that effect and if they can be USPS friendly.

Wonder if Charlie will take the time to visit us at NSL this year?

I'd love an opportunity to meet him in person. I understand that this is going to be one serious launch.

I'd love an opportunity to meet him in person. I understand that this is going to be one serious launch.

AeroTech plans to have a presence at NSL, it looks like it will be a great launch. I will be there, maybe I can get Gary and Karl out there too.

If you don't mind me asking, what is NSL? I'm guessing we're not discussing the National Sporting League that comes when I google...

If you don't mind me asking, what is NSL? I'm guessing we're not discussing the National Sporting League that comes when I google...

The National Sport Launch is one of the 3 annual shindigs sponsored by the National Association of Rocketry. Usually held around Memorial Day, next year it will be in Tennessee. The other two are NARCON (NAR Convention) and NARAM (NAR Annual Meet).

The National Sport Launch is one of the 3 annual shindigs sponsored by the National Association of Rocketry. Usually held around Memorial Day, next year it will be in Tennessee. The other two are NARCON (NAR Convention) and NARAM (NAR Annual Meet).
Ah, thank you. I'm not an NAR member, which probably contributes to having not picked up on that before. Memorial Day weekend will probably conflict with NYPower, assuming that takes place again this year. It's smaller, but it is local...

Anyway, back to normal programming...

That's pretty!

Pretty.....Pretty?

239278190-waynes-world-schwingOBEYGIANT-1.jpg

OK, how long until you issue the 75mm hardware package?

75/3840
75/7680
75mm RAS
75mm Aft closure
75mm Seal disk

Inquiring minds (and folks getting L3's this year) want to know!

Last edited:
Back