Ex Machina

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note that there is no nudity in this movie. But there are naked robots... that look like people.

I liked it. Dragged a bit but nice twist at the end. No explosions; requires thinking.

Saw it and thought it was good. Not WOW!, but good. The questions it raised about the potential dangers of AI are more interesting.

Finally got around to seeing it - my brother kept pestering me to see it and brought the blue ray....

This is one of the best Sci-Fis films about the implications of artificial intelligence/humans - since Bladerunner.

The interaction between the AI creator and the main character is lengthy but is essential to the story development.

This is not your typical shoot 'em up blow 'em up action/Sci -Fi film, which frankly I've had quite enough of.
You want the usual fast paced action film pablum - move on.
You want something more cerebral ..this one is recommended.

It gets real creepy by the time you understand what appear to be the motivations of the AI designer the AI evaluator and AVA, the AI creation.
No spoilers here...the implications are foreboding.

Last edited:
This is one of the best Sci-Fis films about the implications of artificial intelligence/humans - since Bladerunner.
I agree, a decent sci-fi film without all of the CGI wiz-bang action and explosions.

I actually got bored with it like 40 minutes into it or so, if that far, and that was even after I paid $5 to see it "On Demand".:(

My wife said that about the recent Star Wars, she wanted to leave less than 40 minutes into it and tried to get us to leave like three times during the rest of the movie, and she really likes Harrison Ford.
I get bored real easy with stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy...

Last edited:
It's on my list of movies that "I Haven't Made it Through'. Seems like that list keeps getting longer...

I un-abashedly watch movies when the pirate channels get them. I'm waiting for an improved version of 'Deadpool' before I watch it but the copy they have now is just awful :p

Ex Machina was a good movie. I like it, and overall thought it was well done. It is not a movie for most folks though. I think they could have easily have edited it a bit and shortened by 15-20 minutes and made it a bit better.

It's on my list of movies that "I Haven't Made it Through'. Seems like that list keeps getting longer...

I un-abashedly watch movies when the pirate channels get them. I'm waiting for an improved version of 'Deadpool' before I watch it but the copy they have now is just awful :p

DOOOD!
You have to see Deadpool. That movie was Highlarious!!! Very raunchy, and dirty, but in a very funny way. One of the best movies I've seen all year.

Adrian

I want to, just waiting for a good copy ;)

Go to the theater and see it on the big screen. You won't regret it. The one movie I regret never getting to see on the big screen was Serenity. I was going through my divorce at the time, and was too embarrassed to go by myself for some reason...

Adrian (that said, I still plan on buying it when it comes out...)

Go to the theater and see it on the big screen. You won't regret it. The one movie I regret never getting to see on the big screen was Serenity. I was going through my divorce at the time, and was too embarrassed to go by myself for some reason...

Adrian (that said, I still plan on buying it when it comes out...)

Ijust moved into a new place (for me) and theatres are 'out' for a while, maybe late this spring...maybe...

I saw this and found it to be clever and intriguing.

Like gravity it only had 2 or 3 in the cast. To me the ending was a twist but did for see one discovery.

Kenny

Piracy...go to the theater and pay your money.

I pay $625 for rent and $118 for a storage unit I was forced into getting and get $733 in SSI....don't leave much for electricity and food.

Walk a mile in my shoes before you start telling me how to live....only after you take the handful of pain pills and diabetic meds I take that run more than what I get from SSI. In other words: bite me... :dark:

I pay $625 for rent and $118 for a storage unit I was forced into getting and get $733 in SSI....don't leave much for electricity and food.

Walk a mile in my shoes before you start telling me how to live....only after you take the handful of pain pills and diabetic meds I take that run more than what I get from SSI. In other words: bite me... :dark:

We all have our challenges Dave. Still doesn't make it right. As far as your overly intelligent "bite me" comment I will let it stand as its own comment on you as a person.

We all have our challenges Dave. Still doesn't make it right. As far as your overly intelligent "bite me" comment I will let it stand as its own comment on you as a person.

It means mind your own business and I'll tend to mine.

In that case probably not a good practice to advertise publicly that you are pirating intellectual property.

I'm pirating movies? Really? I'm going into theatres with my phone and filming these movies? I'm burning copies and selling them? Pirating? You two guys should join the Net Police and chase down the watchers of movies and whack our peepee's...by the millions...have fun... :eyeroll:

Last edited:
Back