Naming My Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
So I've done an upscale on the Estes 1295 Mean Machine. I'm about to start the build. This rocket is over 12' tall and 3" airframe. I'm knocking around on the color. It's also a 4 event, 3-point separation airframe. I'll be using 3 StratologgerCF altimeters. It's a 54mm MMT capable of 11k' and just short of Mach on a K250 but I'd have to remove the aft av bay and couple it for that flight. Motor is too long for the shock cord.

So I'm thinking either metallic black or pearl white as the main color with red find. What do you think of calling the "Penetrator"? Think that'd be frowned upon at a launch? What name suggestion would you give it?

So I'm thinking either metallic black or pearl white as the main color with red find. What do you think of calling the "Penetrator"? Think that'd be frowned upon at a launch?

Based on the crowd we fly with, I'd say no, you should be fine. And if the avionics don't work, it will fully penetrate the ground. Especially if it's a bit muddy.

I have a 4" Extreme Wildman painted pearl white from top to bottom. Gorgeous on the ground. However...against a light cloud background it freaking goes invisible! Get a real bright parachute and if you go drogueless, add a streamer.

Dark red 36" nylon chute. Also adding a visual/audible locator board to the build.

Back