Motors limit for RC car

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area66

Reaction score
I have 5 kids playing with RC cars on one of the stores cameras and I wonder if we can use a High power rocket motors on those cars, can be interesting to make RC rocket powered dragsters

car_zpsrrzlkh5z.jpg

For sure the first 100 feet will be at risk, the motors should be incline to push the front on the ground, I’m thinking high power to have more heavy car to avoid the flying one we see on YouTube with small motors. Anyway it’s just an idea I have few minutes ago, a long night to work so….

It's been done many times. I remember a local r/c drag racing track did this back in the early 90s. They used 29mm Aerotech single use motors. It was featured in a major hobby magazine. Not sure if it was a rocket or r/c car mag though.. its been too many years.

Jerome

this is what i I need, with an Hybrid I can even have a certain limited throttle control with a valve betwen the N2O tank and the combustion chamber, weight is no a problem. And no Natural Ressource Explosive Division on my back.......

maxresdefault_zpsxckmawg9.jpg

Last edited:
Back