Stickershock23 CLOSING for a while

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Family first dude but everyone here is waiting for what ever it is we can do to help.

God bless and God speed.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Very sorry to hear and sad to read the OP. Try and stay positive and take things one day at a time. My familys thought, prayers, and best wishes are with you and your wife.

Best wishes for the best of outcomes Mark. Will miss you but won't forget you . . . stay positive.

Hey Mark, this news sucks. My family hopes and prays for a miraculous outcome with your family.

I want to thank EVERYONE from the bottom of my heart.. I am so overwhelmed with the reponses and the well wishes.. I never knew how much people here really cared..

Marian is home today.. they have her still on oxegen but her lungs are working better.. slowly..

she did well on her first Kemo.. hardly any sickness..

they are "typing" the biopsies they took so they can "dial in" the kemo so it is specifically for the strain.. or gnome or whatever medical term... it is.

the doctors told us today this is VERY VERY beatable.. it has progressed far.. so its gonna be a long hard battle but.. its beatable.. that is the best news I have heard yet..

Everyone has said "Keep her spirits up" and her reading your posts and thoughts and prayers and donations. has REALLY done a bunch for that.. shes really "happy" for what shes going thourgh.. me on the other hand... Im pretty frazzled... but im feeling better..

thanks for understanding about me shutting stickershock down.. i promise to do my best to not make that permanent.. I plan that in a few weeks if all is going well and were settled into treatment schedules etc that I will ope ONLY the online store.. (sorry no custom stuff.. that will come later) I'll keep everyone informed..

angain thanks to everyone.. blessing to everyone and what you have done for us..

heres to ALL of us at a great launch in the very near future.

Cheers to that Mark,,,
Blessings to you and Marian,,,
Your roll through this won't be easy either Mark..
I have told my wife many times,,
I don't know how you do it..

Mark,,
There are support groups for that if you find the need..
Online too...
Very private...

Buddy's too,,, to torture you in emails,,,,lol....

If I can help.....

Teddy

Mark,
ironically enough, My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer on February 11th, and that is how I found a renewed interest in model rocketry. I could not work and take care of my wife and children at the same time, so I am taking a leave of absence from work. While Stephanie recovers from Chemo in bed, my son and I build model rockets on the kitchen table. That way we can be close by to help her, while giving her space. My wife's stage 3 cancer is not nearly as bleak as your wife's and we hope to be in remission in a year. Your wife will have to be brave, and she is lucky to have a supporting husband.
The morning of February 11th the entire department had a meeting with the new boss. The new boss told us, "If you have to decide between your job and your family, choose your family because your job will not hold your hand when you die." That very afternoon is when we found out my wife tested positive for cancer.

I know your impressive decal skills are in very high demand, but your wife needs you.

my wife and I will pray for Marian's speedy and full recovery.

Danomite45

At church I occasionally have people apologize because they have to quit something or drop some responsibility so that they can care for family and I always remind that they don't need to apologize for anything.

Family comes first.

Last.

And always.

A family business is about family first and business second (or third).

You are doing what is needed and what is exactly right.

You have your priorities right where they need to be. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife, and with your family. Hang in there and let us know what we can do. Our orders will wait.

Mark, I am teribly saddened to hear what's been going on. We all completely understand that Stickershock has to wait; family is infinitely more important than stickers (no matter how nice they are). Our best wishes from the Yargers hoping for a fast, safe recovery, and that this turns out okay for everyone. Whatever you guys have to do to keep Marian on the road to recovery, we'll support you. Even if Stickershock isn't back for a long time, it's okay, we get it. Give Marian my best.

Best wishes,

Nate

Mark,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Marian. Cancer sucks, but the silver lining is that it helps you to know what is important and it brings you closer to your family, friends and community. Business can wait. Supporting Marian cannot. You’re doing the right thing. Stay strong!
Judy and Jackson

Well First I have to thank everyone again.. I just can't say enough about what you all have done and the support you are giving us.. I'll never be able to do enough to thank everyone..

Marian Is back home.. they set her up with a "concentrator" to make oxygen for her and we have portable tanks too. so at some point I will be able to take her out for a night on the town.. her spirits are really high.. and she is really ready to fight this!! her biggest worry so far... believe it or not is her hair.. she said.. in a few weeks will you shave my head for me.. I dont want to be all patchy.. Of course I will.. so I got to thinking the best man at my wedding does special effect and monster makeup so I gave him a call.. I told him what was up and asked if he would set her up with some awesome hair.. he said.. of course how about "bride of Frankenstein??" of sourse we had a good laugh.. then he said he'd make her a really nice custom one if she wants it.. then proceeded to send he a message telling her "well no need to worry I've got you covered.. you have a nice bride of Frankenstein wig on the way" she got a great laugh out of that..

I again want to thank everyone for the donations... I knew this was going to be costly.. and I confirmed that when I filled her prescriptions and got what she needed for her breathing treatments.. I just cant thank everyone enough..

I said I'd post up as soon as I knew alittle more so here is the technical doctor stuff..

she has Metastatic Adeno- Carcinoma of the lungs with acute Respiratory failure originating from the breast through the lymph nodes..

yeah what a handful.. so for now the treatment is kemo to stop it from growing at some point they will go in and remove the lymph nodes and any cancer in the breast.. maybe more.. but that will be a little ways down the road.

I know I said it like three times already but thanks to EVERYONE here.. with your help this is going to be alot easier than if we were doingthis on our own.

Mark and Marian.

Marian, rooting for you! Do your best and let Mark take care of you. Love, Cliff

I can give hair tips if you need it.... :wink:

Thanks for the update, hugs for everyone, thinking and praying for you guys.

Mark,

Me and my family will be thinking of your. We are hoping for great results. Take care.

Mark

Dude I totally understand and am behind you all the way.
Thoughts and prayers go out to your wife and your family.

God bless

Glenn

Mark, make sure she wears this for your night on the town.

Stills-bride-of-frankenstein-19762135-1961-2560.jpg

:wink:

Mark,,
All the prayers you can handle comin your way.......
Kiss the bride for me.....

Teddy

Mark, until Marian is fully recovered, please re-preemptively cancel my next two orders. Prayers and positive vibrations....

Back