Quick Computer Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
I recently got a new Computer, and it has Windows 7.
My old one had Vista, and was a worn out piece of junk, but what I miss about it is that when I was reviewing my Pictures, I could "Auto Adjust", "Crop", and do other small tweaks to the Pics'
On my new computer, It does'nt have this, and if I want to edit a picture I have to do it in Paint, and that means that If I crop a pic', the pic just becomes smaller. Then if I resize it, it is too big to upload easily. Also there is no more auto adjust for white balance or any of that nice stuff.
I used to be able to get nice launch Pics' by simply getting far away from the Pad, getting the pic' and then just cropping it to make it "Zoomed in".
Is there anyway to make windows 7 have these Vista editing options???

I'm not good with computers and don't know the difference between a Zip and a GIF or anything like that, so please limit answers to yes or no.

Thanks

I use Irfanview. You can do a lot of things (like crop, change the file size, format, etc.) and best of all, it's free.

Greg

Short answer seems to be "probably not". However the picture editing softwares mentioned works and are free.

This free Windows download has Photo Gallery:https://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials Very simple to use, I have other photo editing software much harder to use, don't even use it, Photo Gallery is all I've really needed.

Thanks!
I went with this because it was from Windows so I trust it and figured it would'nt make me install anything like Tool Bars or stuff I don't understand.
I can now do the things I used to do on my old computer.:D:D

If you want more, there are two free, kick butt packages.

The Afornentioned GIMP

Secondly, check out Paint.net

Back