Now I've seen everything!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenbo

Rocket Scientist/Fry Cook
Reaction score
I'm really scratching my head on this one but certainly not complaining.
Wednesday evening I ordered 3 Turnigy LIPO batteries from Hobby King from their
global (China) warehouse. The US Hobby King warehouses no longer ship LIPO batteries to Canada
due to new regulations. My past experiences ordering from Hobby King were waiting around a month to recieve my parcels comming from China. This morning the doorbell rang and Fedex had a parcel for me.
On the shipping label the origin was China. I paid about 20 bucks for shipping more than the batteries were worth but wow! There is a hobby shop a half hour from me and I bet they couldn't ship that fast.(but they don't have the lipos that I require)
And this my friends is why I fear China will be the super power of the world one day.:2:

I agree with the OP on shorter ship times from China.

A few years ago the 808 keychain cameras I ordered took 8-12 week to get here from China.

The Mobius camera I ordered last month, got to me in about 8 days.

You're thinking of the Show Boat from China. Those Chinese floating theaters used to take 6 months to bring a good production across the Pacific. But now they can get a play here in just a couple of weeks.

One plan for fixing California's drought is to refresh our water supplies using a Snow Boat From China.

Back