Syringes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyl66

Reaction score
Where do you get syringes for injecting 5 or 10 min epoxies? I'm building a king kraken and want to get the epoxy into the space between the body and fin tubes for added strength.

On a side note, I used to use Power Poxy for fillets on other rockets, but they seem to be out of business. I've used epoxy putty, but I'm wondering if anyone else has found anything else similar with the combination of sandability and strong adhesion.

Tony

I bought some oral syringes on ebay. There are all kinds of sizes out there.

Where do you get syringes for injecting 5 or 10 min epoxies? I'm building a king kraken and want to get the epoxy into the space between the body and fin tubes for added strength.

On a side note, I used to use Power Poxy for fillets on other rockets, but they seem to be out of business. I've used epoxy putty, but I'm wondering if anyone else has found anything else similar with the combination of sandability and strong adhesion.

Tony

I'm lucky enough to have a good local supplier here in Canada. (Lee Valley Tools)
They have them in a package but they also sell them with a product they call a "Chair Doctor". This might be useful for your search.
I've also found some useful ones at drug stores.
Follwing the instruction to search "Hobby Syringe" worked well and provided this link.
https://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/hca/hcahcar3785.htm
That is very much like one I found at a drug store.

Out here in the Wild, Wild West, we have feed stores that carry Vet supplies. All different sizes of syringes, from small 10 ml. to big ones that hold 2 oz. I have even found them at a local Ace Hardware that carries hay and horse pellets.

The syringes can be used repeatedly as long as you have enough time to clean them, so I would't try injecting short cure epoxies unless you are REALLY fast at it or don't care if you can reuse them. The Monoject irrigation 12ml ones are nice since they have the integrated tip but not big enough for typical HPR internal fillet work where you may want 25-50 ml per batch.

I went to CVS and they gave them to me for free, 6 of them to be exact. they have a few different sizes

I bought feeding syringes at tractor supply. Small ones up to the 2oz I use for tepanol.

+1 to Farm n Feed Stores, all sizes, all types, etc. etc.

You can also get stuff to deworm your goat.

+1 to Farm n Feed Stores, all sizes, all types, etc. etc.

You can also get stuff to deworm your goat.

Is that what's happening here:

TYDOG.gif

Back