Michael's First Rocket Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the edges of skinned or "papered" fins, I usually run a thin bead of white glue around the edge and smooth it out.
This hardens, seals and fills the thin edges of the fin/paper laminate. After the glue dries you can sand away the rough edges.
I find that papering the fins,when done with care, can look almost plastic like after primer and paint, the added strength is a bonus.

Well, my single rocket under construction morphed into three rockets being concurrently under construction. :)

Here's where we are with the three rockets.

Apogee Avion - motor mount glued into airframe, fins filled with CWF and sanded. Next step is to glue on the fins.

Bug Me Not - motor mount glued into airframe, fins skinned and drying. Next step is to glue on the fins.

Baby Bertha - motor mount partially assembled, next step is to finish the motor mount and move on to skinning the fins.

Yep. Your hooked good. :cool:

And here is the final rocket! I'm really happy how it turned out. I did that? (I also think this is the first time in my life I've ever put decals straight on anything ever!)

Apogee Avion.jpg

Back